Eviction / COVID Question / Help (1 Viewer)

so...what we have now?
Yes what we have now. Im of the belief and was raised if you cant afford it then you dont need it. You give away free housing people will get lazy and not work to provide to secure own place

My wife and I are going through the same thing. We have a piece of land with a mobile home on it. Wife's sister asked if we would rent it to one of her sons and his wife. Of course we said yes and since the land and mobile home was paid for we did not charge much for rent. Went real nice for the first few months then rent started being late then none at all.

Wife then would have to have talks with them and got the sad story and some money paid.
Then went months again with no payment. They then one day they just left and when I walked in it looked like every hoarder in the country lived there. Honestly there was maybe a trail of one foot to walk through.

Wife and her sister had heated arguments and finally they cleaned it out. Then the sister had the nerve to ask if her other son could move in. My wife with the kind heart said yes, but we worked out a deal that we would sell it to him. He put a down payment and wife told him that when he paid so much a month and finished paying it off she would transfer the title to him.

Went good for about 6 months and now he is behind months, Wife is telling him if he does not pay she is putting a for sale sign in the yard. Causing a lot of problems between wife and her sister.

So our new rule is to never try to do anything to try and help a relative.
Should have had the sister cosign. Then go after her when the monthly went unpaid.

If a parent cant afford kid food, then they dont need a kid. Theres always something a person can give up to ensure food for thier child. Cable, heat, ac, internet, cellphone, so forth
You’re not answering the question
(to say nothing of how quickly the culture would atrophy if only people of means were allowed to breed)
A person who can’t afford their diabetes medication doesn’t need their medication?
A woman who grabbed her 3 kids and left an abusive marriage doesn’t need food, clothing, et al bc the husband locked the bank account?
A guy who secrets his family away from a drug cartel in the middle of the night, doesn’t need food, clothing, et al?

this being said, I think you might be having a bit of sport with me bc I don’t remember your posts really buying into the welfare queens lies and their ilk
So if this is a residual April Fools, well played

If a parent cant afford kid food, then they dont need a kid. Theres always something a person can give up to ensure food for thier child. Cable, heat, ac, internet, cellphone, so forth

That's a very simplistic point of view and I'm willing to bet that sort of scenario only applies to a tiny fraction of parents truly looking for food for their children.

You’re not answering the question
(to say nothing of how quickly the culture would atrophy if only people of means were allowed to breed)
A person who can’t afford their diabetes medication doesn’t need their medication?
A woman who grabbed her 3 kids and left an abusive marriage doesn’t need food, clothing, et al bc the husband locked the bank account?
A guy who secrets his family away from a drug cartel in the middle of the night, doesn’t need food, clothing, et al?

this being said, I think you might be having a bit of sport with me bc I don’t remember your posts really buying into the welfare queens lies and their ilk
So if this is a residual April Fools, well played
You beat me. Im always willing to conceed. I was biting other end of the apple and i bit too much.

And i offended @Waymer apologies to you.

You beat me. Im always willing to conceed. I was biting other end of the apple and i bit too much.

And i offended @Waymer apologies to you.

Ha, all good. I don't get around the posts on the board as much as I used to, so I missed what Guido saw.

Don't forget, the young generation also believes that land lords are evil. Shelter is a basic human right and land lords should not profit on it. I spend way too much time on Reddit.
A lease is an agreement between 2 parties regarding a given property. If one party or the other violates the lease, there should be clauses to terminate.

I had a horrible tenant I had to eject, then spend 10K reoairing the house. I now have a wonderful tenant.

Not that anyone cares... :hihi:

Looks like they will be moved out by tomorrow. I drove by the house Monday and there was a trash pile at the street and some outdoor items had been removed. Wife drove by yesterday and today and a Uhaul was in the yard and being loaded one day as well.

So we'll see. The advice here was helpful (the venting even more so). Per my lawyer we'll send them notice tomorrow to respond/verify if they will be out of the house, and then also notify them we will be by for an inspection Saturday, 5/1 to verify. Basically that will be it then if they are gone. Change the locks and call it a day. If they still have stuff there and they don't confirm leaving, we could (and would) technically go ahead and evict them just to guarantee no issues.

I never wanted this, but as I've said before, what a valuable lesson for me. Of course, people have passed info to my wife on Facebook with what has been said about my wife and I, my other SIL (who is now hated and blocked for reasons we don't know), the government for letting this happen, etc. It's the usual. The SIL posted about how they "offered extra rent" to stay but we refused. Which of course was the perfect victim card considering we didn't charge them rent and they never offered to pay a single dollar recently. But it drew out the crowd with their pitchforks telling us how evil my family must be. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom