Evil Dead Remake (1 Viewer)

Firecross

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
It is getting some surprising good reviews from horror movie fans and fans of Evil Dead. Anyone going on the 4th of April to see it?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FKFDkpHCQz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you don't go see it, they'll swallow your soul. I loved the original. There were comedy elements to it and it wasn't completely serious.

and..therein lies the problem...

It looks, at least on the surface, as if this is trying to be a serious horror film...

Sam Raimi made this remake, Bruce Campbell gave his blessing on it. Some of the early reviewers, some die hard horror movie fans saw the early screener and said great things about it.

I am hopeful this will be good if you're into the horror genre. This movie has a cult following that is identical to starwars/star trek. I am actually surprised this remake has got a good reception thus far given the cult status of the original.

Wait, the original Evil Dead wasn't suppose to be a comedy?

From what I remember, The first Evil Dead was supposed to be a "serious" horror flick but was actually so bad it was good. Then they made Evil Dead 2 as a remake of Evil Dead 1 but made it funny/campy on purpose. It was so popular they followed it up with Army of Darkness, which is the best Imo.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

From what I remember, The first Evil Dead was supposed to be a "serious" horror flick but was actually so bad it was good. Then they made Evil Dead 2 as a remake of Evil Dead 1 but made it funny/campy on purpose. It was so popular they followed it up with Army of Darkness, which is the best Imo.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Hail to the King, baby.

I'll see it since Sam said he's going to write a sequel to Army of Darkness this summer. That's the movie everyone's been waiting to see for 20 years! I think this reboot is actually supposed to be set in the same world. What originally sounded like a god awful idea, now has me incredibly excited! Thank god they didn't try to recast Ash.

I'll see it since Sam said he's going to write a sequel to Army of Darkness this summer. That's the movie everyone's been waiting to see for 20 years! I think this reboot is actually supposed to be set in the same world. What originally sounded like a god awful idea, now has me incredibly excited! Thank god they didn't try to recast Ash.

Hopefully, the new one will involve aliens and Ash will have a son (played by Even Stevens) and also he'll marry some broad from an earlier movie, and there will be an improbable chase scene where he swings from vines chased by CGI Deadites.

Hopefully, the new one will involve aliens and Ash will have a son (played by Even Stevens) and also he'll marry some broad from an earlier movie, and there will be an improbable chase scene where he swings from vines chased by CGI Deadites.

Sounds Groovy!

They should just name it something else. Surely they can (and have I'm sure) make a horror movie about people being terrorized in a cabin in the woods without naming it Evil Dead. Naming it Evil Dead is just trying to cash in on name recognition without adding anything to the original (which I guess you could say about many sequels).

They could literally call it "Raimi Film" and I'd give them my money

Lol honestly I liked everything about Spider-Man 3 outside of the multiple crying scenes at the end and the fact that it felt like they mashed 2 movies together

I loved emo Spider-Man. So campy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom