Ex-Astros P Mike Fiers says Astros used center-field camera to steal signs (Update: MLB issues punishment) MERGED (2 Viewers)

The videos make it obvious that the Astros are calling out offspeed pitches. MLB needs to investigate and the punishment needs to be near draconian if proven. It damages the credibility of the game. This isn't a pitcher altering a ball or a hitter a bat. This isn't one individual using performance-enhancing drugs. This is team-wide cheating using electronic means. This is the example where a manager should be suspended for a year, draft picks taken, and salary cap hit.

If MLB simply evolved with technology like the NFL has, they wouldn't even have this problem.

Why not just build catcher's helmets with a transmitter in them like Quarterback football helmets? The pitchers can wear a little bluetooth mic and tell the catcher what he's about to throw. He could cover his mouth with the glove so that the hitters don't see what he's saying (like playcallers in the NFL do with their call sheet).

Easy fix. I understand not getting rid of umpires even though technology could easily make a perfectly officiated game (human error is a part of the sport), but this is a no-brainer IMO if this sort of cheating is running rampant around the league.
typically the catcher calls the pitch - more and more they get the signal from the coach and then signal it to the catcher - but the catcher is the QB of the field

@superchuck500 Don’t spread this libel against my team Chuck, I will sue. And I know several good attorneys. ?

Mental anguish at this blasphemous heresy, 2,000,000,000.

Funny aside, when attempting to @ you...I typed in supercuck. ??? Ok maybe only funny to me as I’m at the maturity level of a prepubescent.....

I’m glad they are coming down pretty hard on the team. And that’s a lot of draft picks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom