Ex-Astros P Mike Fiers says Astros used center-field camera to steal signs (Update: MLB issues punishment) MERGED (1 Viewer)

This is nothing like bounty gate. Bounty gate's evidence was so shoddy that in an unbiased Federal Court, it was thrown out. Let that sink in. The NFL's case literally died the second it was put in front of an unbiased judge.

This is spy gate. This is undeniable proof of a gross level of cheating at an organizational level that's just breathtaking.

I am sure the Astros' owner was shocked to discover what the GM was doing.

1578952931281.png

This wasn't your typical guy on 2nd base stealing the signs and signaling to the guy at bat. I don't think that's a problem, that's part of the game. This was an orchestrated system they were using to steal signs. As for those saying "everybody does it", well if they were I bet they stop now because the next team that gets busted will have even harsher penalties.

No major sport clutches pearls over rules violations like baseball.

We can only speculate what was said behind the scenes, but most owners would have fired Payton and Loomis in 2012.
If I’m not mistaken, Vilma had gone on record saying that we had a “pay for performance”, not “pay to injure” like Goodell said we did. We had incentives for turnovers, game changing plays, etc.

If the MLB commish had any gonads the Astros would be forfeiting their 2017 Championship...
They cheated to win and it should revert to the Dodgers! This is the only way to really make them pay for cheating.

It is being whitewashed by the MLB...

In my opinion, you ABSOLUTELY strip them of their championships. They had an unfair advantage. This would be the same as catching a track start who won the gold medal with steroid usage while all of the other athletes were clean. Or catching a boxer who won a belt with loaded gloves. You cannot allow them to benefit from this.

Last edited:
If the MLB commish had any gonads the Astros would be forfeiting their 2017 Championship...
They cheated to win and it should revert to the Dodgers! This is the only way to really make them pay for cheating.

It is being whitewashed by the MLB...
As an Angels fan in the western division, I've been following this from day one. And as penalties go, they should actually have to give up the division title.
An orchestrated 'scheme' against the rule should never be allowed, and altho it wouldn't change the outcome for the Angels position for the west, a new division title holder should be named.
You can't go thru life in general cheating the system and playing by the rules, whether you like them or not, should be your mantra trying to get ahead. I'm glad heads are rolling in the great state of Texas over this, even if I wasn't a fan of an opposing team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom