Ex-Missouri QB Chase Daniel happy to be with Chiefs (1 Viewer)

“I did the best thing for my career. I wanted to be a part of a winning program and wanted to get a chance to compete. I understand my role on this team right now is to back up Alex Smith. I understand he’s the starter. But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to compete every single day to push him. He’d be the first one to tell you that’s what makes a good quarterback (group).”

Translation:

"I've got a MUCH better shot at passing up Alex Smith than I do Drew Brees." :hihi:

Happy for the guy. Alex Smith isnt all world, he might get his shot.

Ok so why didn't the Saints resign him? Cap casualty? salary expectations? When in doubt, follow the money trail, I suppose. good for him, getting 10 mil for being a backup.. its pretty good work if you can get it... plus lets face it, like the guy above said.. he has a better chance of starting behind Smith and Brees.. Good luck to him!

“I did the best thing for my career. I wanted to be a part of a winning program and wanted to get a chance to compete. I understand my role on this team right now is to back up Alex Smith. I understand he’s the starter. But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to compete every single day to push him. He’d be the first one to tell you that’s what makes a good quarterback (group).”

So he signed with the Chiefs to backup Alex Smith?

I hope he beats out Smith though. Chase could be a fun guy to watch on Sundays.

he's gonna look awfully strange in that red white & yellow. best of luck to him tho , I hope Alex Smith loses his starting job 2 years in a row. that'll be the ultimate payback for that long td run against us in the playoffs 2 years ago. lol

Pulling for Chase to get the 1 spot he knows what it takes to be a winner in the league.

Very happy for Chase:

* He's back in the Show-Me-State, and he has a great following there.

* He's NOT playing in the NFC, and we won't see him until (the earliest): 2016, barring Saints v. Chiefs in the Super Bowl before then.

* I don't know of another QB in his shoes that would NOT have jumped at the chance to be a regular starter. Face it: Drew is good for at least another 4 years.

* Chase is much more mobile than Alex Smith. He can also throw ALL the routes, and has a very accurate deep ball.

Hoping for all the best; he served us well in the Big Easy! :cool:

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom