Ex-Vikings safety Orlando Thomas dies at 37 of ALS [APPARENT FALSE REPORT] (1 Viewer)

I remember I got his autograph at a USL practice when I was a little kid. Hope it's not true, but if it is that stinks.

He has been sick for a while. Talked with one of his former UL teammates several months ago. Told me he wasn't doing well. Said he had lost a ton of weight and was practically unrecognizable. Tough news if true.

Prayers sent to him and his family. Florio and bleacherreport seem pretty ****** for throwing that out there with out checking the proper channels.

Local Lafayette TV station reporting that rumor isn't tru-

Rumors of Orlando Thomas Death, Not True

Multiple media outlets across the country reported Wednesday Night, that former Ragin' Cajun and Minnesota Viking Orlando Thomas had died. However a source in the UL athletic department who spoke with the Thomas family says those reports are incorrect and Thomas is still alive.

http://www.katc.com/news/rumors-of-orlando-thomas-death-not-true/

He lives in Youngsville, terrible disease , knew of him and everyone always said he is a great guy

Story has been removed.

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn.(AP) — The Associated Press has withdrawn its
story about former Minnesota Vikings strong safety Orlando
Thomas dying of Lou Gehrig’s Disease. The team – the source of
the incorrect information – and Thomas’ agent now say Thomas has
not died. A corrected story will follow.

The AP

Can we get a mod to change the title of the thread?

Still praying for him in his battle with ALS.

His dad used to cut my neighbor's grass when I lived in NOLA. He was the nicest man you ever want to meet.
Horrible disease for his son to be suffering with, my thoughts and prayers are with him & his family.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom