Exactly why you stick to your strengths and invest heaviest on offense (1 Viewer)

You are misreading history. The difference makers in 2009 were double digit INTs and like +10 or more on takeaways thanks to Darren Sharper.

We always had the offense to score a lot but it's never been enough to get a championship until that one moment the defense contributed. It was the defense that saved the NFCCG and sealed the Super Bowl victory.

Payton saw the right lesson and tried to re-create it with Byrd but it fell flat. He missed the part of the lesson about handing the keys of the defense over to great DC and staying out of it, though.

And as far as where to be when there is no Drew Brees, what you are describing would fall on its face as a team philosophy without a Brees calling the signals.

If you have an average QB you need to be balances across defense, running game ans special teams.

You're cherry picking.

We could discuss how the offense led the league in points scored and averaged 35ppg in the playoffs too.

Im all for switching coaches and running a more defensive oriented team with the next qb-coach duo. What i am addressing with this post is specifically the strong suits of the current regime that does best with an offense-heavy assualt.

I was banging the drum to trade for Chandler Jones with our second instead of drafting M. Thomas after the draft and was red thumbed out the wazoo. Think he coulda helped since Carr was never touched today.

There were even some guys in the draft that could have helped.

Matt Judon in Baltimore had a really good preseason and is one to watch.

Admittedly i was impressed with what little i saw of Rankins. I think that he is a good player but offense should be the primary focus in the draft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom