Excellent tribute to the legacy of the great Art Modell (1 Viewer)

Broad St. Saint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
He did the right thing bringing the NFL back to Baltimore where it belonged and leaving a dump where fan support had fallen off a cliff.

(this is in case Jeff Duncan, Cleveland Browns fan, is reading - google it)

Now the Ray Lewis is gone I can pull a Baltimore football team again. The Baltomore fans deserve this. It's just too bad the team doesn't have a horse shoe on it's helmet.

What? No city deserves to have their team taken, Modell is no better than the guy who took the Baltimore Colts. Actually, I feel bad for Cleveland fans having to watch the old Browns winning the ship.

Now the Ray Lewis is gone I can pull a Baltimore football team again. The Baltomore fans deserve this. It's just too bad the team doesn't have a horse shoe on it's helmet.

Amen Brother Amen.

Whatever, tool. Modell ****** the city of Cleveland and its fans.

How could you say fan support fell off a cliff? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Modell was a turncoat. End of story.

Whatever, tool. Modell ****** the city of Cleveland and its fans.

How could you say fan support fell off a cliff? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Modell was a turncoat. End of story.

Totally agree. Cleveland has some of the most diehard fans in this league.

And why does football belong in Baltimore? You do realize that the Browns have been around before the Colts right?

He did the right thing bringing the NFL back to Baltimore where it belonged and leaving a dump where fan support had fallen off a cliff.

picard_doublefacepalm.gif

Yeah the great Art Modell that screwed over the city of Cleveland and moved their franchise, now that their real franchise has 2 Super Bowls and the old geezer hit the bucket, we can honor him now and talk about how great he was.

Give me a break. If that was the Saints that they moved and turned into a whole different team, you'd be angry too especially if they won not one but two Super Bowls.

Can't blame the Browns fans for being angry, and I normally have zero sympathy for guys who move teams, but in this case Modell wasn't clearly in the wrong to move. Everybody else in Cleveland had gotten a new arena, and the city had basically dared Modell to call its bluff. Not to mention, Municipal Stadium was a pit by that point.

Modell did a lot of great things for the league, especially in the early days of TV primacy. I think he belongs in the HoF, but can see how you'd disagree.

What they did to Cleveland was criminal and what's a shame is the Baltimore had no problem accepting a team the same way they lost their own.

1st: Congrats to Ravens fans.

Now...You have no clue what you are talking about in realtion to Browns fans. They are very similar to us in that they have supported a bad team forever. In the AFC, I wish the browns some luck.

How can a Saints fan rip on a small market franchise like cleveland? That is beyond my comprehension.

I dislike Duncan for his sensationalist writing style and how he sucks up to the league, but not he can keep his browns fan-card.

Cleveland has some of the most loyal fanbases ever. I am not kidding, those guys are down right loyal to losing season after losing season. Not like a lot of "Saints fans" that I know around me that flat out hated the team when Ditka was the coach and then wanted to live them in 2009 when they were 13-0.

The Ravens are the real Browns and it's down right sickening they have 2 Super Bowls thanks to Modell's genius move to screw that fan base over for good.

wow

Cleveland has some of the most loyal fanbases ever. I am not kidding, those guys are down right loyal to losing season after losing season. Not like a lot of "Saints fans" that I know around me that flat out hated the team when Ditka was the coach and then wanted to live them in 2009 when they were 13-0.

The Ravens are the real Browns and it's down right sickening they have 2 Super Bowls thanks to Modell's genius move to screw that fan base over for good.

Who do you hang out with. As a season ticket holder for over 20 years, the vast majority of people I know, sit around, and hang out with supported the team no matter what. I guess it says something about the people you associate with.
:rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom