Excited about our pick at 24? (3 Viewers)

Oooh, don't cross the state line with that 1A/1B stuff ;)

Speaking about others in those respective fan bases, of course.
Age/mesaurement/longevity/Consistency/physical tools/ injuries all matter. I feel Tua would be a better fit for us simply because his age would make it more viable to surive through a rebuild.

You can move the score card all you want, but they come about pretty even. One cost significantly more than he is worth. The other is more viable, younger, have an elite oline to cancel out his injury concern, and been performing close to Burrow level for 2 years vs. 1 year of Burrow They are the top two prospects by miles with their own pros and cons.

It's not matter of homerism. It's simply grading the prospect, viability and the fit. The main reason why Burrow is 2B... Is because we can't get him and Tua would cost half his cost.

Age/mesaurement/longevity/Consistency/physical tools/ injuries all matter. I feel Tua would be a better fit for us simply because his age would make it more viable to surive through a rebuild.

You can move the score card all you want, but they come about pretty even. One cost significantly more than he is worth. The other is more viable, younger, have an elite oline to cancel out his injury concern, and been performing close to Burrow level for 2 years vs. 1 year of Burrow They are the top two prospects by miles with their own pros and cons.

It's not matter of homerism. It's simply grading the prospect, viability and the fit. The main reason why Burrow is 2B... Is because we can't get him and Tua would cost half his cost.

Agreed on the cost, and mainly because the injury history was already going to knock down Tua's draft stock. Subplot during every draft is always "how far will such-and-such fall?" It might well be Tua's turn to fill that blank for 2020, until he's selected.

What's your QB board looking like?

I know with how we shifted salary. We are gonna have to get a rookie QB to keep the salary boat afloat.

Mine is

1A. Tua
1B, Burrow

Frankly, the next batch of prospects are really not close to the 1st tier, A lot of these issues with the 2nd/3rd tier of QB is simply underdeveloped mechanics, bad programs, or plateaued/under performed in college

1. Hebert

Now gaps even widen to a fringe development starter/ backup tier

1. Jake Fromm(Low floor/High Ceiling)
2. Jacob Eason (Back-up/ Slow boomer Starter)
3. Jalen Hurts (Overrated/ Be best as a multi-purpose weapons like Taysom while keep developing him to be a QB/ fantastic leader/ Questionable ceiling)
4. Jordan Love (Overrated/ Career Back-Up)

These rest for me... are gambles.

I'd be pretty good on any of the top 6 as far as trusting Payton to develop them. I actually like Love and think it's totally dependent on where he goes. My least favorite is Hurts, by far. I just don't see an NFL passer when I watch him. I like Fromm and Eason as pocket passing prospects. More so Fromm than Eason.

Don't really care about Tua or Burrow as we won't have a shot at them.

If I had to rank the guys we have a shot at:

1) Justin Hebert
2) Jake Fromm
3) Jordan Love
4) Jacob Eason
5) Hurts

I'd be pretty good on any of the top 6 as far as trusting Payton to develop them. I actually like Love and think it's totally dependent on where he goes. My least favorite is Hurts, by far. I just don't see an NFL passer when I watch him. I like Fromm and Eason as pocket passing prospects. More so Fromm than Eason.

1) Justin Hebert
2) Jake Fromm
3) Jordan Love
4) Jacob Eason
5) Hurts

Love?
Struggles with accuracy in tighter windows (compared to the others on the QB board)....and has bad instincts.

I'm quite sure that the Saints have done their due diligence in making up their board for the upcoming draft and they know who they are targeting.

On the other hand fans like us can make up all the lists and mock drafts they want to but in the end we are only guessing or hoping.

1) Justin Hebert
2) Jake Fromm
3) Jordan Love
4) Jacob Eason
5) Hurts

I’d probably go:

1. Love
2. Herbert
3. Hurts
4. Fromm
5. Eason

I want someone who can do some damage with his legs. Stress the defense multiple ways.

Herbert and Love are similar to me. Herbert is faster and harder to bring down, but his decision-making can be so bad. Love obviously struggled with that in 2019, but his reasons for struggling with it are a lot more explainable (lost a ton of starters on O plus lost his HC and OC). Herbert doesn’t have nearly the same excuses.

Hurts also struggles with the decision making and he doesn’t have the same arm talent as Herbert. But at least his seem to be more of the “risk averse” variety, unlike Herbert. I like him a bit better than the other two. I’d say the biggest gap on my list is between 3 and 4.

With Kamara in the fourth year of his contract, I would not be surprised. Also, such a selection would make more likely a trade of Kamara.

In that case I assume u see us going after Hebert. How do u figure we’ll be able to trade up for him? Future picks n a player?

Jake Fromm = Chase Daniel
Justin Herbert = Joey Harrington
Jordan Love = Deshone Kizer

The only 2 QBs I see making it as a starter from this class are Burrow and Tua

Forget about this QB urgency, I just hope Cole Kmet TE is the #24 pick or K'Lavon Chaisson or Zack Baun as a young blood LB that is needed, any one of the three would be excellent in the NFL and NFL ready this September.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom