Excuses for Aaron Rodgers (1 Viewer)

Rogers played excellent last year. Jordy Nelson out was huge but he still produced and willed that team a few plays away from the NFC championship game. Secondary options had to be primary options and just young WR core all the way around that wasn't ready to play in there new role. Had Oline issues espicially on the right side and running game was stagnant. Any miscues was when the WR didn't adjust correctly didn't know the audible he was on point like always. Best player in the league in my opinion. Brees getting a little under appreciated cause we haven't been winning. Pack still wins even with adversity

Yeah, I didn't see that. And it wasn't just my eye test.

There were talks all year about his accuracy. He was just plain missing people, even protected. There was speculation of injury, etc. He only completed 60% of his passes. Very low for him or any elite QB. 3800 yards. 6.7 yards a play, again very low.

And if you simply watched their offense, they were terrible at times, average at best. A lot of it was Rodgers not playing like he did in previous years. And if the excuse is that he lacked weapons, well, that's basically the OPs whole point.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Every year the media picks the Packers to win it all...and when they don't I hear constant excuses as to why they didn't. It gets old.

McCarthy employs a timing base scheme. Players need to be where they are suppose to be. A lot of fundamental mental errors caused problems. Rogers was the core of there success last year. That team had issues everywhere. I see it differently,,some posters seem to think his play was slipping. Not the case. Bad o line play. Defense had issues. Couldn't stop the run. Had to use there best pass rusher at MLB. No pass rush..still a couple of plays away form the NFC championship. Guess the original debate was how he compares to Brees. It's simple. If Rodgers is your QB even with a average roster around him. You will have a chance to get to the super bowl. Same with Brees,,

Let's compare him to Brees. Not bringing in stats cause they are misleading. Pure talent. The QBs that consitently stay at the high level are able to make correct reads pre snap,,both do that well,,able to process what the see quickly and make progressions.,.they both do that well,,although Rodgers a little better at this via his consistent low TD to Int ratio. He is more efficient. And he has better physical tools then Brees and just as good ball placement. He's the better player.

People outside of NO say the same thing about Brees.

Both statements are ridiculous and unfounded.

Yeah, because Brees gives up when his team is down two scores late in the game. That is absurd. Brees throws a huge percentage of his picks trying to make something out of nothing when we have no chance to win. Rodgers doesn't take chances when his team needs him to. Rodgers is content checking down and throwing the ball away or taking a sack when his team is down to protect his passer rating.

You guys are acting like Rodgers year was terrible last year. He completed 61% of his passes for 3,800 yards, 31 TDs and only 8 INTs. Sure, his yards and completion percentage were down, but his leading receiver was a guy on the street during preseason.

I would say the biggest problem was his line. He was sacked 47 times last year. To put thst into perspective, Drew was sacked 31 times despite throwing nearly 100 more passes. To top it off, 2 of his top 3 receivers were tied for 12th in the league in drops (Adams only caught 50% of the balls thrown his way.

And give me a break with the Drew hasn't had any weapons talk. Marques Colston, Jimmy Graham, Brandin Cooks, Jeremy Shockey, the slew of quality pass catching backs (Sproles, Thomas, Reggie), the deep threat guys (Henderson and Meach), and the quality slot guys (Moore and Snead). Brees hasn't had any pro bowl receivers, although Colston should have went at least once, but he had one of the top receiving threats in football in Jimmy Graham along with some of the best pass catching backs in football.

Most of Rodgers' sacks are self inflicted. He holds the ball way too long because he is afraid of throwing picks. He will take sacks all day long instead of making risky throws because he is more concerned about his stats than taking risks for his team. Brees had bad o-line play also all year long. But Brees has elite footwork and pocket awareness. He will get rid of the ball before taking sacks. Sometimes he gets picked off because of it, but at least he doesn't give up on the play like Rodgers does to protect his precious stats.

Most of Rodgers' sacks are self inflicted. He holds the ball way too long because he is afraid of throwing picks. He will take sacks all day long instead of making risky throws because he is more concerned about his stats than taking risks for his team. Brees had bad o-line play also all year long. But Brees has elite footwork and pocket awareness. He will get rid of the ball before taking sacks. Sometimes he gets picked off because of it, but at least he doesn't give up on the play like Rodgers does to protect his precious stats.

Rodgers will hold on to extend plays but saying its because he is afraid of throwing picks/more concerned about his stats is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, because Brees gives up when his team is down two scores late in the game. That is absurd. Brees throws a huge percentage of his picks trying to make something out of nothing when we have no chance to win. Rodgers doesn't take chances when his team needs him to. Rodgers is content checking down and throwing the ball away or taking a sack when his team is down to protect his passer rating.

So, in your own words, Brees padding stats when we have no chance to win is considered a good thing, while Rodgers not turning the ball over late in games is considered giving up.

Some guys are gunslingers, some are not. Yeah, Brees takes more chances than Rodgers, which is why Rodgers turns the ball over less. Saying one way is right and one way is wrong is absurd, especially considering Rodgers record in GB.

I can't believe we're even having this conversation.

Drew Brees throws interception.

Saints fans: "Just take the sack! Live to fight another down!"

Rodgers takes sack.

Saints fans: "Guy doesn't want to win. Should have thrown into double coverage there."

Rodgers will hold on to extend plays but saying its because he is afraid of throwing picks/more concerned about his stats is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the truth. Why else would he hold the ball too long? If the perfect pass isn't there, he won't throw it. He will take the sack. He has even admitted several times how much he hates picks and incompletions. He hates them so much that he would rather just take sacks because sacks don't hurt his stats. They only hurt the teams stats. And who cares about team stats when you are Aaron "Golden Boy" Rodgers?

I think Rodgers is a great qb. He does everything well and he makes his fellow teammates better. With Rodgers behind center the pack are always in the game. I still dont believe tho hes even in the same realm as Brees. I really truly believe Brees is the greatest qb of all time. It may be homerism, but us Saints fans have had the privilege of watching brees and Paytons greatest statistical passing 10 year stretch of all time. Witnessing this has convinced me that Brees is GOAT

It's the truth. Why else would he hold the ball too long? If the perfect pass isn't there, he won't throw it. He will take the sack. He has even admitted several times how much he hates picks and incompletions. He hates them so much that he would rather just take sacks because sacks don't hurt his stats. They only hurt the teams stats. And who cares about team stats when you are Aaron "Golden Boy" Rodgers?

A sack is better than an interception on virtually every play, oustide of a few curcumstances.

Drew Brees throws interception.

Saints fans: "Just take the sack! Live to fight another down!"

Rodgers takes sack.

Saints fans: "Guy doesn't want to win. Should have thrown into double coverage there."

Don't lump me in with all Saints fans. I made the comment, not them. In fact, I get disagreed with quite often on here. I have my own opinion about Rodgers and it's not all good. He is good, no doubt about it. But he has flaws. One of his flaws is the fact that he takes too many sacks. I happen to believe that he takes too many sacks because he is very OCD about his TD:INT ratio.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom