Exercise while Sick? (1 Viewer)

Nope. I go to my complex's gym, and I disinfect all the equipment I touch. They have a canister of treated Lysol disinfectant wipes there, because using equipment right after someone else when its doused in sweat, grosses me out far more then some bacteria that I more then likely come in contact with everyday, anyway.

:9:

Oh good so you don't breathe and you can completely control any sneezing and coughing. That's cool.

:hihi:

I'm late to this, and can only speak for myself. I've been sick as a dog since Sunday with the same symptoms as the OP: fever, chills, can't even keep soup down, coughing, sneezing, etc. Went to the doc and was diagnosed with a virus, not the flu or anything. I haven't gone to the gym since Saturday; however, I have been running my 4 miles every morning and 4 miles every evening without fail. The only thing it's done is make me feel like I am going to die, die, die in the shower. It has been very hard too - I can't lie, even though I started feeling a little better yesterday.
It has caused a small issue with my wife though, because I've been going to work everyday as well. She feels like I should stay home and rest, but I've worked out of our Northshore office this whole week, and I am the only one there, so no one's getting my germs. My motto is if I can walk, I can go to work. She feels that if I'm well enough to go to work and go running, I should be well enough to do other things. I disagree.

I'm late to this, and can only speak for myself. I've been sick as a dog since Sunday with the same symptoms as the OP: fever, chills, can't even keep soup down, coughing, sneezing, etc. Went to the doc and was diagnosed with a virus, not the flu or anything. I haven't gone to the gym since Saturday; however, I have been running my 4 miles every morning and 4 miles every evening without fail. The only thing it's done is make me feel like I am going to die, die, die in the shower. It has been very hard too - I can't lie, even though I started feeling a little better yesterday.
It has caused a small issue with my wife though, because I've been going to work everyday as well. She feels like I should stay home and rest, but I've worked out of our Northshore office this whole week, and I am the only one there, so no one's getting my germs. My motto is if I can walk, I can go to work. She feels that if I'm well enough to go to work and go running, I should be well enough to do other things. I disagree.

you really shouldn't skip your ballet classes

you really shouldn't skip your ballet classes

They don't call me Twinkletoes for nothin'.
"Tappa, tappa, tappa".
Today, we'll be learning the Leaping Swan, and I am probably going to miss it. Damn you.

Your dad must be proud.

21199667_11225732.jpg

You have to feed a cold.............

Attachments

• subsandwich1.jpg
    subsandwich1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 28
I'm pretty sure you are suppose to rest when you get sick. Exercising regularly will help prevent illness, but once you get sick, you are suppose to rest and let your body recover. Call me old fashioned but that's how I do it.

Oh good so you don't breathe and you can completely control any sneezing and coughing. That's cool.

:hihi:

I never breath, ever.

I'm pretty sure you are suppose to rest when you get sick. Exercising regularly will help prevent illness, but once you get sick, you are suppose to rest and let your body recover. Call me old fashioned but that's how I do it.

I can rest when im dead.

Working out when sick, makes for a really good nap once you cool down.

Had a really good workout Friday while sick. It seemed as if I was more focused. Felt pretty good for awhile but afterward I think it might have made things worse.

I think it's the flu which is not something you shoulg be working out with. If it were just a cold I think it wouldn't be a big deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom