Exercise while Sick? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've been sick and miserable the past couple days.

A few friends of mine said that the thing to do is to exercise. Get the heart pumping and get the sweat flowing. They say that you'll feel better afterward and feel all better much sooner.

The way I feel right now going to the bathroom is a milestone event.

The thought of doing anything more than that scares me to my soul.

So, exercising while sick as a dog.... yay or nay?

It will make you feel better...if it doesn't kill you first.

I do it when I'm sick. It makes you feel better but I'm sure it doesn't help you get better faster. Either way it's not really a big deal.

Once you get lathered up and got a good sweat going, you'll feel GREAT. You'll amost feel unstoppable.

But then, once the endorphin crash occurs and your body cools down, YOU WILL FEEL MISERABLE. I promise you, this is will be an awful feeling.

But if you can do it often enough, it might cause your body to be too inhospitable for your virus to survive.

Damn skippy. Do it, and dont relent. :hihi:

On a serious note. Ive been sick twice this year with fairly serious head colds. Both times I have had colds, It wasnt easy to get myself to the gym, but once I got there, I had some of my best workouts ever. And, I felt a lot better, for a while at least. The worst thign ever is stoppages in my workouts. So, I didnt want to take a day off, anyway, and I didnt and I dont regret any of it.

Just make sure you stay well hydrated. and keep an eye on how your feeling, as in being dizzy, etc.

body aches, headache, mild sore throat, coughing, sneezing and that sensation where you feel blazing hot and freezing cold at the same time. like your skin is on fire and your bones are made of ice.

i do feel better than yesterday though

body aches, headache, mild sore throat, coughing, sneezing and that sensation where you feel blazing hot and freezing cold at the same time. like your skin is on fire and your bones are made of ice.

Yep...it's the swine flu.

My **** EX-brother-in-law use to swear by it. But he was a idiot, so take it for what it is worth. Personally I see no logic in it except maybe a short term endorphin rush. Rest, take aspirin, drink plenty of fluids and get TLC. That is my advice.

Go to an Urgent Care and get a steroid shot in the butt.

This would be a good idea.. I cant imagine exercise helping a sore throat and coughing but once you get well exercising regularly will definitely boost your immune system and you wont get sick near as often.

According to my microbiology prof in college, mild exercise is one of the best things to do when you are sick. It helps move the mucus out of your body and keeps your body and spirits up.

nonsense.

the only thing you can do to feel better (and get well) when you're sick is rest, rest and then rest some more... after all, being sick in the first place is your body's way of telling you that you're overloading it with stress, and that you need to stop and take it easy for a while.

My **** EX-brother-in-law use to swear by it. But he was a idiot, so take it for what it is worth. Personally I see no logic in it except maybe a short term endorphin rush. Rest, take aspirin, drink plenty of fluids and get TLC. That is my advice.

Theres lots of logic in it. Ever wonder why some athletes play sick and have really good days in doing so? Me, Im not wired to lay around, even if I take a day off from work to get better, I just cant do it. It could be a cold, something musculoskeletal, heck, I had a stent in me from Kiedney stone sruger for 4 weeks. I worked out every other day about a week or so after my surgery, as best as I could.

It also makes sense from the standpoint that it keeps your metabolism high, and steady, and your blood oxygen rich.

Like I said, you hav to hydrate a lot, eat right, and keep an eye on yourself. I have some of my best workouts when sick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom