Existing Season ticket holder request to relocate seats (1 Viewer)

PDurandjr

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully requested a seat relocation? I've tried the last couple of years but no dice. I have a hunch this may be the year for me due to bandwagoners abondoning ship after last year. Anyway, my question is this. If you have been able to relocate, when did you find out and how were you contacted? I've been anxiously checking my account on Ticketmaster but nothing yet. I'm guessing that the Saints are going to at least wait until deposits are due later this week to see who isn't renewing.

Before 2006, my friends and I were able to move all over the place.. It wasn't a problem.. But the last couple of years, it's more difficult.. It all depends on how long you've been a season ticket holder and how many become available..

The guy in front of me moved to Charlotte... He called me and asked me if I wanted his 4 tickets. He transferred them to me. I was happy.

I been relocating every few years for the past 12-15, I like where I am now.

Yeah, I'm up in the upper box right now. It beats the heck out of being in the terrace but it's still a little high for my liking. My first year as a season ticket hold was 2005, the year Katrina hit. My seats were front row from the field right behind the Saints bench on about the 30 yard line. Aside from being on the 50 front row these were my dream seats. Well I got to sit in those seats for the Ravens preseason game on the Friday night before the storm hit. The seats were spectacular. I attended all of the games at Tiger Stadium instead of getting my money back because I am a die hard fan. Well I don't need to tell you guys but those games were some of the worst sporting events I had ever been to. The 2005 season ended and I was fed up with Haslett and Brooks. The Saints got Peyton which didn't excite me very much. Then came time to renew my tickets. I believe the Saints had already picked up Brees which I was excited about but I didn't think he'd be able to turn this franchise around mainly because we didn't know how he was going to come back from his injury. I told my rep at the time that I was not going to renew. He seemed rather suprised because apparantley the season ticket frenzy had already begun. I remember feeling pretty good about my decision. Next thing I knew it was the end of April and I was sitting in my living room watching the draft. I heard that Houston announced that they would select Mario Williams but I knew that it would be too good to be true for them to do that and let Reggie fall in our lap. Well the Texans picked Mario and I remember going crazy. I was kicking myself in the butt for not renewing. First thing Monday morning I had my rep on the phone begging for my same seats or something close. I could hear phones rining off the hook and things didn't sound good. He said that he would have to call me back. I was thinking that I'd never see the inside of the Dome again for a Saints game because I figured there would be a waiting list. Later that day the rep called me back and offered me 2 tickets in the upper box endzone. Of course I had to take them but I was sick about giving up my front row seats. I tried to relocate last year but no dice. I've done so again this year. Odds of going back to where I was origianlly is next to zero but I'd love to be able to move down closer to the action. Sorry to have gone off on a tangent but I figured some of you would enjoy my story.

When they got you the endzone seats, did you get to keep your original Acquisition Date? That is a major factor in your ability to upgrade.

When they got you the endzone seats, did you get to keep your original Acquisition Date? That is a major factor in your ability to upgrade.

No, they didn't. They gave me the tickets under a new account number which I wasn't too happy about.

Has anyone successfully requested a seat relocation? I've tried the last couple of years but no dice. I have a hunch this may be the year for me due to bandwagoners abondoning ship after last year. Anyway, my question is this. If you have been able to relocate, when did you find out and how were you contacted? I've been anxiously checking my account on Ticketmaster but nothing yet. I'm guessing that the Saints are going to at least wait until deposits are due later this week to see who isn't renewing.

I actually called the Saints ticket office this past week about my request for a seat relocation. (I have been a season ticket holder since 2005.) They said that it would take a couple of weeks. I am guessing that they will know when they receive everyone's seat change requests along with those that choose not to renew their ticket package.

She did not mention how they would notify me though.

According to my ticket rep, they will not start making relocation requests until they see who does not pay their bill. He said May 15th.
I am trying to move to some cheaper seats. I am in section 211 right now and it is getting too pricey with the recent increase. I have had season tickets since 2001. He said I am ahead of about 75% of season ticket holders so i like my chances but we will see.
Good luck to anyone trying to relocate. If I have any luck, I will pass along the info.

So if you are a season ticket holder to you get first dibs on other seats (via relocation or whatever) or do you have be put on a waiting list like everyone else????

Good question.......

Season ticket holders get priority based on how long you have had your tickets. If you purchased in 1967 you are first and so on.
Once season ticket holders are settled, the waiting list will get what is left.

Notification usually comes as a postcard letting you know your seats have been moved. Only in special circumstances will they call you to discuss your move before hand, so be sure to be as specific with your request as you can. Once they move you you will have no recourse if you don't like the new seats you received.

Notification usually comes as a postcard letting you know your seats have been moved. Only in special circumstances will they call you to discuss your move before hand, so be sure to be as specific with your request as you can. Once they move you you will have no recourse if you don't like the new seats you received.

That is what always worries me. I have front row upper box and love them, but would not mind a slight move to an aisle or something like that. However, I am always fearful they will goof it up and put me in the 2nd or 3rd row and I will be stuck.

I actually called the Saints ticket office this past week about my request for a seat relocation. (I have been a season ticket holder since 2005.) They said that it would take a couple of weeks. I am guessing that they will know when they receive everyone's seat change requests along with those that choose not to renew their ticket package.

She did not mention how they would notify me though.

Cool, that's what I was wondering. If I get moved to the plaza sideline my tickets will be MUCH more expensive so I need to know not to blow my IRS stimulus check on something else! =)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom