Expect Saints at Tampa First week (2 Viewers)

I like it. Get old Tommy boy used to playing football in a tough conference for a change. If we do play them in the first game I say we win 38-14

I say they save it. Opening week is highly anticipated no matter who is playing. Maybe week 3 or 4 once people are starting to settle in to the season.

I like it. Get old Tommy boy used to playing football in a tough conference for a change. If we do play them in the first game I say we win 38-14
you kidding me? what ref crew would every allow that to happen.. We do not want @ tb to be first game. almost like the team that is sacrificed for the superbowl champ banner game to start off the season.

The Bucs are likely to add one of the top rookie RBs to add to the offense. Brady loves to go to the RBs in the pass game, and if they get the right guy, like Swift or Akers, that offense will be even more deadly.

Have you forgotten how good the Colts, Steelers, and Ravens were in the 2010s? sheet, even San Diego was pretty damn good for a lil while.

No my gut feeling Dallas Cowboys have this locked up 1st week on SN again. Probably Vs Giants or Eagles like always.

I think the Raiders are gonna get a Divisional rival in Week 1 to open the new stadium.
There’s always a chance, but I’m not too sure on that with the way they’ve been scheduling those games.

Of the last 5 teams that opened a new stadium, only one did so against a divisional opponent (the Vikings against the Packers), but it wasn’t until Week 2 of the 2016 season.

Additionally, 4 of the last 6 teams opening a stadium played on the road in Week 1. The last teams to host a game in Week 1 while opening a new stadium was the Giants and Jets when MetLife opened in 2010 (neither against divisional opponents, the Panthers and Ravens).

However one thing I did notice when looking through the list of opening games in new stadiums were 5 out of the last 6 stadiums that opened played the first game on Sunday night. The only one that didn’t was MetLife, but the Jets did play the Ravens on Monday night after a one-day turnaround from the Giants playing the Panthers at 1 p.m. on Sunday so a Sunday night game was really out the window there with 2 teams sharing a stadium. People forget that the Rams and Chargers are opening their new stadium too this year so I’m expecting the same as the Giants and Jets did: one gets an afternoon game, the other the late Monday night game (probably the Rams since Kroenke financed the stadium).

But since 4 out of the last 5 new stadiums opened in Week 2 on Sunday night, that’s where I’d put my money with the Raiders getting the Sunday night game in Week 2 to open Allegiant Stadium.

Here’s the last 10 new stadiums that opened (not including temporary venues):
  • Mercedes-Benz Stadium (2017): Week 2, Falcons hosted the Packers (Sunday night)
  • U.S. Bank Stadium (2016): Week 2, Vikings hosted the Packers (Sunday night)
  • Levi’s Stadium (2014): Week 2, 49ers hosted the Bears (Sunday night)
  • MetLife Stadium (2010): Week 1, Giants hosted the Panthers, Jets hosted the Ravens (Monday night)
  • AT&T Stadium (2009): Week 2, Cowboys hosted Giants (Sunday night)
  • Lucas Oil Stadium (2008): Week 1, Colts hosted the Bears (Sunday night)
  • State Farm Stadium (2006): Week 1, Cardinals hosted the 49ers
  • Lincoln Financial Field (2003): Week 1, Eagles hosted the Buccaneers (Monday night)
  • CenturyLink Field (2002): Week 2, Seahawks hosted the Cardinals
  • Ford Field (2002): Week 3, Lions hosted the Packers

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom