Expect Tampa Bay to attack Saints downfield early and often (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Marshon Lattimore is likely not playing this Sunday. Tampa Bay seems to have injuries in it's secondary as well. Plus Bruce Arians is already a proponent of throwing the ball deep. He knows to win they'll have to score a lot of points so the Saints better be prepared to defend the deep ball.

The game is going to come down to whoever has the ball last, I’m afraid.

Tampa and Atlanta both stumbled through the start of the season, but both teams have talent, and garnered some preseason hype (Atlanta, particularly).

Winston is a streaky, polarizing player, but he's got a big arm and moves around well. When he's on, the Bucs are a competitive team against anybody. He seems pretty easily rattled, though, so the Saints will have to do a much better job of getting pressure against him.

Which leads into the next thought. You never want to lose a player like Lattimore for any amount of time, but the secondary can hold up if the DL gets back to being disruptive. There is more athleticism in the secondary than we've had in a while, and this defense is legitimately talented and playing well, for the most part.

They always do anyway. Lotta WRs, QB with a big arm, what else are they going to do?

PRob comes back this week. PJ Williams is much better in the slot, but we can put PRob back in the slot, and just let PJ battle Godwin all day, and win some and lose some.

I also expect our pass rush to be back in form this week. I have no more than the usual level of concern for a division game.

I had the same prediction last week. Instead the Failclowns' bag of "trickeration" involved that jet sweep on the game's first play that helped manufacture a run game they hadn't had all year.

The front seven will have to push the pocket on Winston and force him to have his usual outing. Need to establish Murray and Kamara on offense. Pass protection becomes easier when the opponent truly respects the run. It's how we got back in last year's road game with Tampa, that plus Taysom Hill's huge punt-block, that is.

The game is going to come down to whoever has the ball last, I’m afraid.
I don't think our offense is good enough to have that kind of game right now. Well, maybe, because tampa's defense is terrible.

Marshon Lattimore is likely not playing this Sunday. Tampa Bay seems to have injuries in it's secondary as well. Plus Bruce Arians is already a proponent of throwing the ball deep. He knows to win they'll have to score a lot of points so the Saints better be prepared to defend the deep ball.
Score a lot of points? Do you not think he saw the final score of the Atlanta game? lol.

All I know is we better give Murray more carries to get him in some kind of rhythm and take some of the load off Kamara coming back from injury. It'll also put the TOP in our favor and make the play action actually believable.

TB is the best run defending team in the NFL. I’d rely on Kamara in this one.

Division games are always tough no matter the record, but expect the Saints to play more focused this week than they did coming off the bye vs Atlanta.

They always do anyway. Lotta WRs, QB with a big arm, what else are they going to do?

PRob comes back this week. PJ Williams is much better in the slot, but we can put PRob back in the slot, and just let PJ battle Godwin all day, and win some and lose some.

I also expect our pass rush to be back in form this week. I have no more than the usual level of concern for a division game.
CJ is ahead of PRob on the depth chart. PRob is only playing significant snaps if we use a scheme similar to last week vs ATL with 6 DBs. In our usual nickel package (4-2-5), it will be Eli and PJ outside with CJ in the slot.

The healthiest bunch we have is the DL. I would not want to be Tampa's QB Sunday. I don't think we are going to sit back and let them pick on our secondary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom