Expectations if Taysom Hill Becomes the Starting QB in 2020 (1 Viewer)

10 wins and I would love to see our ball control offense back.

We would win 12 games. Our offense would shift to a run first offense.

We would win a couple playoff games , probably get knocked off in the NFC championship game.

Taysom is special. Some of yall dont want him to be special because you feel it detracts from how special Drew was to us.

Again. I promise , Taysom Hill is special.

We would win 12 games. Our offense would shift to a run first offense.

We would win a couple playoff games , probably get knocked off in the NFC championship game.

Taysom is special. Some of yall dont want him to be special because you feel it detracts from how special Drew was to us.

Again. I promise , Taysom Hill is special.
I hope he's "the next Steve Young."

Yeah well they are littered all over this board.

They don't deserve Drew Brees.

I honestly wouldn't mind watching Drew lead the Patriots to back to back Super Bowls at this point.

Highly doubt Bellicheck would want to sign Drew or would expect to win anything other than 1 more division title (maybe)with him

If Drew Brees retires and Taysom Hill becomes the starting quarterback next season, will you lower your expectations of the Saints being a Super Bowl contender in 2020?

Back to .500 year 1. I don't think Taysom can read the progressions. He is an exceptional athlete and he will make a jump given the opportunity. I still don't think Drew is retiring so this thread is about a year or two early.

If Taysom Hill is the guy, the offense completely changes. He has the ability to consistently threaten with his legs and go deep more often than Brees, but there is no way the offense could be as consistent as it was with Drew.

I think you’d see more big plays out of guys like Tre’Quan, Ginn, or Harris, but Michael Thomas would have his statistical worst season and Alvin Kamara would have to be much better than he was in 2019 to succeed. Would likely utilize Latavius Murray a lot more as a traditional RB with Kamara as a chess piece.

With SP coaching, I trust that the offense will always be a capable one. But it would be built on trying to run the ball downhill with Murray, Hill and Kamara trying to get to the edge, and trying to hit the big play in the passing game, as oppose to nickel and diming the defense to death. See the 2019 Ravens, but Hill is not Lamar Jackson.

Y'all be trippin. Drew is NOT retiring. There will be a fond farewell to Teddy with warm wishes. And Taysom will be the same Taysom only more so. He will get his shot with complete series and as or if he progresses will assume more of the QB role. Sean will play the QB that wins the games and that could change week to week. Different plans and different QB's may match up better one game to the next. You are hearing more and more commentators talking up this idea of a transition year with Drew assuming a mentorship/coaching role.

I don't need a line to coach Pete to see that Drew wants to coach. As I heard it, he is eyeing the Pete Rose Model sans the gambling.

By Dec don't be surprised if Taysom earns his chops to see him sharing half the snaps and Drew becoming an active QB coach and even play caller from the sidelines. I even think Taysom will be starting some games in the last half of the season.

Go Bold or go home. Just so you all know I like a little salt on my Crow.

There is a reason to my madness. I have to wonder why everyone is allowing all this speculation in the press and not pushing back. For example. If Teddy's agent sees him resigning and becoming the next QB I would expect him to be throwing some shade at these Taysom rumors. If you think about it, fostering the idea that Teddy will be too expensive for the Saints hypes his market value.

It wouldn’t be good. U wanna watch him slide down every time he runs? Because there not going to let him run as hard as he does now. If they did he’d last 2-3 yrs tops. He’s not 25

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom