Expectations if Taysom Hill Becomes the Starting QB in 2020 (1 Viewer)

Friend spoke with Taysom Sunday and Taysom and his agent are both confident that things will be worked out with the team and he will be back next season.

That’s cool but he really doesn’t have much choice, lol.

There should be absolutely no expectations considering we’ve never seen him get extensive playing time at QB. We could win 12 or we could win 6. Nobody knows. Fortunately, I don’t think we will find out this upcoming season as Brees will more than likely be back.

Y'all be trippin. Drew is NOT retiring. There will be a fond farewell to Teddy with warm wishes. And Taysom will be the same Taysom only more so. He will get his shot with complete series and as or if he progresses will assume more of the QB role. Sean will play the QB that wins the games and that could change week to week. Different plans and different QB's may match up better one game to the next. You are hearing more and more commentators talking up this idea of a transition year with Drew assuming a mentorship/coaching role.

I don't need a line to coach Pete to see that Drew wants to coach. As I heard it, he is eyeing the Pete Rose Model sans the gambling.

By Dec don't be surprised if Taysom earns his chops to see him sharing half the snaps and Drew becoming an active QB coach and even play caller from the sidelines. I even think Taysom will be starting some games in the last half of the season.

I seriously think Mike Florio has the same source I do

" according to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, who reported Tuesday that the Saints want the 41-year-old Brees to return for a 20th NFL season. Except they also want 2020 to serve as a transition year, per Florio, with Brees passing the torch to backup and utility player Taysom Hill, who would then fully take over under center in 2021.

"Even if Brees comes back," Florio said, "Hill will be used much more extensively as part of the team's offense in 2020 -- especially in light of some private regret that, if Hill had been utilized just a little bit more in the wild-card loss to the (Minnesota) Vikings, the Saints quite likely would have won the game."

Everyone wants that next taysom hill.. I think you will have teams try and offer sheet him during free agency

get the blinders off. Taysom becomes QB in 2020 we will struggle to make the playoffs. Unless the NFC south is horrible as a whole. 8 games at most

Thing with Taysom is, he cant operate as #1 QB like he does as #3.

You need him to throw at least 70% of his snaps, which might work, but once our opponets defenses realize that he will shy of running like a cannon ball, they will adjust and make his life harder.

nevertheless, I really enjoy watching TH7 and would be fun to test him as starting QB, at least for a season. At worst we would have a #1 overall draft pick for a future QB :D

More like hand off 78% and pass 22%.

With a couple of good receivers added and the running ability of Hill I think we will not only be interesting but fine.

Look how Josh Allen played in Buffalo, look how Lamar Jackson skills were utilized in Baltimore....those are not teams coached by Sean Payton...Payton can do some things with Taysom Hill and he knows it.

This team was built to win without Brees and went 5-0 when he went down, so life after Brees is already in play he just hasn't retired yet so if and when Taysom takes over (I hope this upcoming year) its going to be exciting to see and with an upcoming draft and FA I can see this team strengthening an already solid core.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom