Expectations if Taysom Hill Becomes the Starting QB in 2020 (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
If Drew Brees retires and Taysom Hill becomes the starting quarterback next season, will you lower your expectations of the Saints being a Super Bowl contender in 2020?

If this does happen, it's a win-win in almost every case.

We win 11+ = More than likely a playoff game in his first season at starter.
We win 8 = As expected, we can get him or the defense some extra talent to help out.
He bombs and we have a losing record = You have a shot at a strong QB in the top 10, perhaps enough to trade up for your QB of the future in someone like Trevor Lawrence, etc.

That's why I, personally, feel like Brees should retire. We have some important stuff to figure out post-Brees that is integral to the future success of the Saints. The sooner that's done, the better, imo.

This team went 5-0 without Drew Brees...this team overall is talented and no Brees dependent as much as it is capable QB dependent.

Sean Payton is a great coach and has introduced Taysom to the game plan, based off his college tape Taysom has a skillet similar to the current QB crop that's fine into the league in D Watson, R. Wilson, Murray, Prescott, J.Allen and L. Jackson. QB's that can make plays with his arm and feet and the athletic ability to take advantage of his running skills/escapability
by running the occasion RPO play.

This Team can win with Taysom Hill and he will make mistakes (Brees made mistakes) but with his ability and Payton ciaching I think we will see Hill come alive in this offense Payton tooled to his abilities much like he did Brees and Bridgewater for a 5 game stint.

I see us winning 8 games at max I just don’t trust Taysom is really the guy.
Yep y'all really need to temper your expectations.

8 is about right, it could go way south and end up 6-10, but the division being so weak I doubt it. The upside is 10-6, but that's a stretch.

If this does happen, it's a win-win in almost every case.

We win 11+ = More than likely a playoff game in his first season at starter.
We win 8 = As expected, we can get him or the defense some extra talent to help out.
He bombs and we have a losing record = You have a shot at a strong QB in the top 10, perhaps enough to trade up for your QB of the future in someone like Trevor Lawrence, etc.

That's why I, personally, feel like Brees should retire. We have some important stuff to figure out post-Brees that is integral to the future success of the Saints. The sooner that's done, the better, imo.
Yeah who the hell wants to watch a 41 year old QB throw 36 TDs and only 6 interceptions next season. What's the fun in that?

Are y’all serious? Playoffs? Y’all want Brees to retire? Oh my.
Yeah well they are littered all over this board.

They don't deserve Drew Brees.

I honestly wouldn't mind watching Drew lead the Patriots to back to back Super Bowls at this point.

If he stays healthy , it's probably a pretty cool show . How likely is that though ?

This was my first thought. I hope I'm wrong, but I see him playing way too hyped, too enthusiastic, trying to make the big play, and he'll take some kind of hellacious shot instead of sliding or going out of bounds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom