Expectations if Taysom Hill Becomes the Starting QB in 2020 (1 Viewer)

6-8 wins...the defense/ running game would be carrying this team to victories

I understand that argument and I'm wary of it but do you want to win games or when a ship? If you just want to win games and start the post Brees era - move on to Taysom. If you want one more shot at a SB with the nucleus that was built with the 17 class Brees is your best bet..even with the above being a reality

To win a ship in 2021, Drew gives us our best shot. Drew didn't lose in the playoffs. The team did.

Let's not get ahead of the preseason. Drew will be back. Teddy will be gone and a couple rookie qb will be in camp.

Play Taysom the first half with the starters against starters. Exercise the rookies in the second.

Taysom will either silence his critics or confirm their doubts.

In the regular season: This is probably a bad coaching idea but start either Drew or Taysom and if he scores he gets the next series. If he sputters the next series belong to the other QB, Rinse and repeat.

As a Bulls' fan, I agree. Michael Jordan retired 20+ years ago and I'm still waiting for them to even be average again.

We need to enjoy Brees while we can.
Saints are positioned to win. They took a guy like Teddy and plugged him in, in the most challenging part of the season and won 5 in a row! When talking basketball, compared to football, where there are 11 guys on defense and 11 on defense and special teams, it is apples and oranges. You take away 20-40% percent of your entire main group of key players that are HOF types, what do you expect? Drew is great, but he does not account for 20-40% of the team.

In the regular season: This is probably a bad coaching idea but start either Drew or Taysom and if he scores he gets the next series. If he sputters the next series belong to the other QB, Rinse and repeat.

Never in the history of the NFL has this played out, much less worked. No NFL coach is going to go into the regular season, with that approach. NO SHOT! Well, OK. Maybe Cleveland.

We go back to the Billy Joe Years.
You think? You have no clue to the difference of the talent and coaching of this current team, compared to the Billy Joe years. I think even this team could win with the Billy Joes.

My one biggest fear of Brees coming back is success in the playoffs. Not because I believe he's a chocker because he's had some amazing play off games in his loses.

It's because I just don't think his arm will hold up that long. I think if he comes back we go 11-5. Win the division. Get the 3rd seed. And possible go one and done again. I don't think our defense will ever be the 2014 Broncos or 2018 Patriots that carried Manning and Brady to a Superbowl. They seem to be the same defense since 2017. They are decent, but that's all they will ever be. Not great like that Broncos team.

Saints are positioned to win. They took a guy like Teddy and plugged him in, in the most challenging part of the season and won 5 in a row! When talking basketball, compared to football, where there are 11 guys on defense and 11 on defense and special teams, it is apples and oranges. You take away 20-40% percent of your entire main group of key players that are HOF types, what do you expect? Drew is great, but he does not account for 20-40% of the team.

... or what we thought was the most challenging part of the season at the time.

Taysom gone be the polar opposite of Brees.

Completion percentage wont be pretty , perfect passer ratings wont be there. But he will do what we need him to do to win games.

Extend plays , break tackles.

Yep y'all really need to temper your expectations.

8 is about right, it could go way south and end up 6-10, but the division being so weak I doubt it. The upside is 10-6, but that's a stretch.

Nobody stops to think that Hill has a very expansive role right now. Who will wear all of his hats? He is the closest thing to a #2 receiver we have. He returns kicks, blocks kicks, blocks on running plays, plays QB and RB as well as wideout. If he becomes the starting QB we will lose all of his other skills. Why do that when Bridgewater is a legitimate starting QB and Hill is so valuable in so many roles?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom