Expected Saints free agent Mark Ingram ‘not just looking to leave New Orleans’ (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1547505686904.png
(Photo by Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)

By Christopher Dabe - NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

The home playoff game Sunday could be the final time Mark Ingram plays for the New Orleans Saints in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

Due to become a free agent this offseason, the eight-year veteran who joined the Saints as a first-round drafted running back out of Alabama in 2011 has no obligation to stay in New Orleans beyond this season.

Even so, his focus remains on the upcoming NFC Championship Game against the Los Angeles Rams and potential Super Bowl appearance Feb. 3 in Atlanta.

“I’m not looking just to leave New Orleans,” Ingram said Monday (Jan. 14). “I’m not looking just to up and leave New Orleans. My squad, you know we got a good squad. I feel like we could do this type of thing for many more years. I’m not looking just to bail out of New Orleans.”

Ingram turned 29 last month, putting him close to the age where running backs tend to show a performance decline, so his future could be dictated by what type of contract offer he receives if he becomes a free agent in March. ...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom