Explain Drew's lack of MVP considersation (1 Viewer)

Will Drew get the same treatment for the Hall of Fame?

Will his career accomplishments be somehow dismissed?

Bounty gate continue to tarnish his legend?

Even given everything we've talked about, there is no way he is not a walk-in first ballot guy.

The bottom line is that he should have won it in 2009 hands down.

He had more TDs, less INTs, a better completion %, more yards per attempt than Manning. He threw for a little more than 100 yards less than Manning, but Brees only played in 15 games because we had home field locked up.

I think it's funny how they're touting Derek Carr as a legit MVP candidate because he is 5th in passing yards (2321), 3rd in TD passes (17) and has only thrown 3 interceptions.

Meanwhile, Drew has 2366 yards, 18 TD passes and 5 interceptions plus a higher completion percentage. Oh, and he's played 1 less than game.

6-2 vs 3-4 team records though....

Maybe because I am a Saints Homer but I just think when it is all said and Done Drew Brees will be the greatest quarterback of all time. He will OWN every passing record in existence. How does that not garner respect?? Every year 5000 yards in the last few years anyway. Drew makes almost ANY receiver/tight end look good. I totally disagree that it should be based on wins and losses or how many super bowls you win. Crap Brady misses what 4 games and they only lost one game with a back up qb. That alone tells me you can put any mid caliber Qb in that offense and be able to win games. You can't do that with our team. LOL

The MVP is a individual accomplishment and it should be based on just that not team accomplishments (win losses). I mean a QB is judged on what. Passes, Interceptions, Yards per game, completion percentages, TD passes, etc etc. You take away Drew from the Saints we would probably be 0-7. We have had the worst offense in the history of the NFL and we still end up winning games only because of Drew. I am going to hate the day that he retires!!

Signed a HOMER Saints fan..

The bottom line is that he should have won it in 2009 hands down.

He had more TDs, less INTs, a better completion %, more yards per attempt than Manning. He threw for a little more than 100 yards less than Manning, but Brees only played in 15 games because we had home field locked up.

Manning didn't play last game either because colts had HFA locked up for two games. He only played some against NYJ. I thought Brees was first in passing yards that year? It was the fact that we lost a game while the colts didn't with starters. And we lost two games late that were down to the wire while Manning won all of his. But Brees should have won that year. However MVP is a curse also. Who wins the sb the year they win MVP?

And Brees does throw more ints than the other two lately. Also in 2011, that was the difference between Rodgers winning MVP over Brees.

Ryan has more passing yards? Considering the year Brees is having, that is kind of a big deal then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom