Explain Drew's lack of MVP considersation (1 Viewer)

It used to bother me, but it won't change and so I don't waste energy on it anymore. He's cranked out three 5,000+ yard seasons and hasn't won it. Now he still projects to 5,000 and garners no attention. Still has a high completion percentage and TD to INT ratio. He's sort of a victim of his own insane production. It's not right, but he's not the flashy new thing that the media lights on. We'll have to make a playoff push for him to get some consideration, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either.

And, sadly, he gets accused of chasing and padding stats even by some fans on here.
I hope I could think like you. This EATS me up inside. I feel for Drew and get mad at the stupid media. One of them wrote when talking about Matt Ryan something like "what else do you want from him? More wins? Talk to the defense" or something similar. That infuriates me so much. And let's not start with Brady. He cheats...CHEATS!...comes back plays good football in a team that didn't need him to win, and he is venerated. He is a cheater. Drew is a blue collar BEAST. He is definitely MVP. Wait until Rodgers throws 2-3 great games. He will be "in the mix". I hate the media. /*chugs beer, takes two shots, exits the bar*

Pure bias against him. He was always the 3rd wheel with Manning/Brady and a lot in the media seemed to resent having to mention him in that category. He's never given his due. Even on those stupid QB rankings different sites do, he's often put in the 2nd tier.

You've got 3 players from 3-4 and 4-4 teams in that list, yet Brees gets no mention. Makes zero sense.

the Saints having a losing record doesn't help.

but I honestly think that he's been playing at such a high level for so many years, that an "MVP type season" is just a regular ol' season from him. so I don't think he gets recognition for MVP because everyone EXPECTS him to play that well.

and yes, it's totally stupid, because there is probably NOBODY in the league who is more valuable to their team.

I've heard his name mentioned 3 times in the last week and it followed with if he gets them to the playoffs. Right now Brady is playing out of his mind and if he continues then it's his. Brees needs to be under 10 picks, over 40 TDs and at 5000 yards with playoff appearance to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we are only 3-4. Let's right the ship first, go on a huge run, hit Matt Ryan in the mouth for a win.then make some noise about him being excluded from MVP talks.

Fify

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

There is literally nothing Drew Brees can do to win an MVP. He is never casually considered for the honor, so he first has to play his way into the consciousness of the voters and then he has to be significantly better than the opposition once they've acknowledged his play.

The biggest travesty is that guys like Cam Newton and possibly Matt Ryan (this season -- buzz is high) will win the award and Brees likely never will. These two players are not worthy to carry his cleats and they are bestowed an accolade that Brees will likely never be given.

Brady misses 4 games because he "technically" cheated. Four games with zero stats.
He comes back and is almost immediately on the MVP short list.

Matt Ryan throws passes to arguably the best receiver the NFL has seen since Jerry Rice and he's on the short list. He has a couple hundred yards more than Brees and one more TD. Brees has played one fewer game at this point.

I know Brees only cares about team accomplishments. I know the MVP isn't his goal. But to imply that there is a single player more important to their team than Brees is lunacy.

Heck, the Patriots went 3-1 with essentially a scatback at QB.

It's a shame that Brees is so disrespected.

<rant over>
Realistically, I'd bet it burns Drew at his core the he's been overlooked. The guy has a serious chip to bear already, you know this fuels the fire.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Brees could throw for 7000 yards and the Saints could win every regular season game and the Super Bowl and Brees still wouldn't get the MVP

We are 3-4 and everybody expects Drew to play at this high a level.

On the flip side of things, my hockey team is the Washington Capitals, who since 2005 have won nearly every regular season award the NHL gives, and haven't even advanced to the conference finals.

Be real, It's New Orleans the sports media didn't like us even when we won the Superbowl! And crucified us for bountygate which was total BS!

Going in another direction here but, I'm not sure why people are bagging on Brady, Green, Julio, or a Johnson.

Brady- Sure his team was 3-1 without him in, but since returning he has put up amazing numbers, and his team is undefeated with him in.

Julio & Green- How often have wrs won the award? Not very. These two are having amazing seasons, and unlike quarterbacks and running backs, WRs shouldn't impact the game as much as these two have. When they have great games, their teams win. Matt Ryan and Andy dalton need to give their MVP considerations to their best wide receivers, who often face double and triple teams, yet still get the job done.

Johnson- The Cards pass game depends on Johnson doing his thing, and Johnson is a key receiver in that pass offense, and he is their run game. Outside of an AD type season I doubt he gets the award though.

I think we all agree, if the season continues as it is, this is Brady's award, and most of us will still refuse to give a flip because it is never truly given to the best player, otherwise Drew would have one or more MVP awards by now.

Brady is currently on a warpath, while having missed 4 games. 12 touchdowns, 0 interceptions. With no sign of stopping.

Not saying it isn't wrong that Brees isn't being considered, because it is wrong. Just pointing out why people might overlook him for Brady.

Will Drew get the same treatment for the Hall of Fame?

Will his career accomplishments be somehow dismissed?

Bounty gate continue to tarnish his legend?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom