FAQ Explanation on how to use new features...+ added features **Report site issues here!** (1 Viewer)

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Here are some explanations on how to use some of the new site features (Note - We will be adding to this thread as we go).

I’m going to update this thread as I’m able to get screenshots and type out explanations for you guys.

1. Jumping to the most recent posts of a thread.

There’s multiple ways to do this. Option one is to simply tap the time stamp to the right (via computer or tablet) of the thread title.
80BDBF5A-03B0-467C-B72F-188087564992.jpeg

On mobile, it will likely be just below the thread title.
80BDBF5A-03B0-467C-B72F-188087564992.jpeg

You can also jump to the last post by opening a thread and selecting “jump to new” near the top of the page.
EDA502D6-769B-433B-8BB1-A68D80C6E49C.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

GW93

Original
Reaction score
Okay, site looks different today... but it's also working way better (it's really been trying these last two weeks or so).

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, site looks different today... but it's also working way better (it's really been trying these last two weeks or so).
GW...

It’s because I finally turned off the black & gold style. It was just way too buggy. You probably defaulted to the SR Grey style. We have the default SR Grey and alternatively the SR black Styles now to choose from. Both work great.

GW93

Original
Reaction score
GW...

It’s because I finally turned off the black & gold style. It was just way too buggy. You probably defaulted to the SR Grey style. We have the default SR Grey and alternatively the SR black Styles now to choose from. Both work great,
Thanks, never thought of toggling it to a different style.

Black&Gold Knight

Very Banned
Reaction score
Not really an issue but I was wondering if you have any Saints Avatars I can choose on the site? How is the best way to add one if none available?

Thanks.

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
Andrus, do you think it's possible to make ignore feature work like if you choose to ignore someone that they can't reply or even hit the FDL, The Meh face or Falcon on any of your posts? Or, if you ignore someone they can't see your posts at all?

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Andrus, do you think it's possible to make ignore feature work like if you choose to ignore someone that they can't reply or even hit the FDL, The Meh face or Falcon on any of your posts? Or, if you ignore someone they can't see your posts at all?
But you are choosing to ignore them. It is up to them whether or not to ignore you. It would have to be mutual. Do you feel as if someone is stalking you? If so, you should instead report it and let us take look into it.

Actually, I have a "Staff can force two members to ignore one another" addon on my coders to-do list. Occasionally two people get out of hand with one another, and we would like to force them to ignore each other. The problem with any of this is that they will only work if the members are logged in.

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
But you are choosing to ignore them. It is up to them whether or not to ignore you. It would have to be mutual. Do you feel as if someone is stalking you? If so, you should instead report it and let us take look into it.

Actually, I have a "Staff can force two members to ignore one another" addon on my coders to-do list. Occasionally two people get out of hand with one another, and we would like to force them to ignore each other. The problem with any of this is that they will only work if the members are logged in.
Can you please add me to that list? I've sent you the name of the other person in PM. Thanks.

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I would like to see an option to not see Memes, Giphy's, or Avatars added. I would be OK with just a link in case I want to see a particular one I don't care to see. Also my work owned mobile devices have a monthly bandwidth limit on them and I use most of that just for actual work requirements. If I go over the monthly limit I have to pay for that myself. I have had numerous warnings in the last 6-7 months on my data usage so I have to stop checking this site when at work.

muddbug2

All-Pro
Reaction score
I get an email on every new thread, is there a way to stop that?

I have unchecked every box on the email Alert Preferences but they still come.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
muddbug2,

When you are looking at the thread list, where you see "Watch" at the top right of the graphic below, make sure that it does not say "Unwatch" instead. If it does, then you are watching everything that is posted.
1549668975196.png

RaginSaint93

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Do you know how to see the threads in order in which time they are posted, it’s really hard to find certain threads.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I noticed the lightning bolt icon no longer shows me new threads....it shows the news feed.
Sorry, but I had to re-purpose, or re-order what came up first in that menu. Once you click on the lightning bolt, from the landing [page, click on "New Posts" right above the Saints News Feed Title.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you know how to see the threads in order in which time they are posted, it’s really hard to find certain threads.
That is one of the limitations of this platform that I have been looking for a solution for. There is a filter on the threads page that allows you to sort in various ways, but that isn't one of them. I will keep looking to improve that.
1550024701960.png

Attachments

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom