FAQ Explanation on how to use new features...+ added features **Report site issues here!** (1 Viewer)

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Here are some explanations on how to use some of the new site features (Note - We will be adding to this thread as we go).

I’m going to update this thread as I’m able to get screenshots and type out explanations for you guys.

1. Jumping to the most recent posts of a thread.

There’s multiple ways to do this. Option one is to simply tap the time stamp to the right (via computer or tablet) of the thread title.
80BDBF5A-03B0-467C-B72F-188087564992.jpeg

On mobile, it will likely be just below the thread title.
80BDBF5A-03B0-467C-B72F-188087564992.jpeg

You can also jump to the last post by opening a thread and selecting “jump to new” near the top of the page.
EDA502D6-769B-433B-8BB1-A68D80C6E49C.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sorry, but I had to re-purpose, or re-order what came up first in that menu. Once you click on the lightning bolt, from the landing [page, click on "New Posts" right above the Saints News Feed Title.
That's what I've been doing....just making sure that was by design and not something overlooked.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's what I've been doing....just making sure that was by design and not something overlooked.
I was able to put an abbreviated amount of new posts on top of the news feed. So when you hit the lightning bolt in mobile, and What's New on PC's (which makes it redundant but they are all tied together) you will see new posts (12 of them) first. You can always click on "view more" below the list to see more.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I was able to put an abbreviated amount of new posts on top of the news feed. So when you hit the lightning bolt in mobile, and What's New on PC's (which makes it redundant but they are all tied together) you will see new posts (12 of them) first. You can always click on "view more" below the list to see more.
Thank you. Just like anything different it takes time to get used to it. I do like using that option but it really wasn't a huge deal to hit new posts afterward.

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed recently, since the signature pics became available again, I have to go into my CP and save the signature each time I come to the site before it will show up in my posts...

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think that is the issue. Signatures are configured to show up once per thread now. It's configured that way in order to keep from clogging the board with sig pics. So doing what you are doing is wasting your time, unless you want your sig to show up every time you post, because the system views it as a new signature each time... which is what we are trying to prevent.

Last edited:

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
I don't think that is the issue. Signatures are configured to show up once per thread now. It's configured that way in order to keep from clogging the board with sig pics. So doing what you are doing is wasting your time, unless you want your sig to show up every time you post, because the system views it as a new signature each time... which is what we are trying to prevent.
Oh, ok..cool

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Andrus, I've noticed threads that seem to be missing pages or threads showing pages that don't exist.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Andrus, I've noticed threads that seem to be missing pages or threads showing pages that don't exist.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Right! And some posts are out of order. I disabled the addons that showed up in the error logs as being part of the problem, so it should be ok going forward. The only problem is that to get everything that was messed up over the past day back in order I may have to run a thread rebuild that would probably take days with over 351K posts and 7.2 million posts, and will eat up some server resources slowing the board down a bit. So I will likely wait until late tonight to do it.

Last edited:

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems some posts are still out of order. Weird stuff going on. It is all due to one addon feature that even after being disabled still inserts posts incorrectly.. I will contact the developer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom