FAQ Explanation on how to use new features...+ added features **Report site issues here!** (1 Viewer)

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Here are some explanations on how to use some of the new site features (Note - We will be adding to this thread as we go).

I’m going to update this thread as I’m able to get screenshots and type out explanations for you guys.

1. Jumping to the most recent posts of a thread.

There’s multiple ways to do this. Option one is to simply tap the time stamp to the right (via computer or tablet) of the thread title.
80BDBF5A-03B0-467C-B72F-188087564992.jpeg

On mobile, it will likely be just below the thread title.
80BDBF5A-03B0-467C-B72F-188087564992.jpeg

You can also jump to the last post by opening a thread and selecting “jump to new” near the top of the page.
EDA502D6-769B-433B-8BB1-A68D80C6E49C.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am also working to improve the Reactions system that came with this software upgrade. One step at a time.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nobody knows what this is?????? Glad I am not the only one-lol
When push notifications are enabled, whenever some one likes your post, replies to your post, starts a conversation or mentions you (there are other settings for notifications that you can set in your preferences), a pop-up of notification will come up in a window on your desktop or laptop. I don't think that it works with iPhones.

saintingeorgia

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
When push notifications are enabled, whenever some one likes your post, replies to your post, starts a conversation or mentions you (there are other settings for notifications that you can set in your preferences), a pop-up of notification will come up in a window on your desktop or laptop. I don't think that it works with iPhones.
Thanks for the answer, its not something I need to do then!

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, its not something I need to do then!
No problem! I have to add that I like it. Whenever I get an alert of any type, it comes up on the bottom right of my desktop and laptop monitors. It stays up for only a few seconds and then goes away without a click. Since I get a lot of private message notifications, it is a nice addition rather than looking for the little red alerts on the bell on the right side of the navbar. Something I don't always notice.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Hey Andrus -

Great work with everything on the site thus far. I can't think of anything about it that I don't like more than the old site when it gets down to it.

There is one little thing that I think could make things a little easier for people who actually use an ignore list. When a thread has content from someone on your ignore list, there's a link/button at the bottom of the page that you click to "Show Ignored Content" which I think would be more useful at the top of the page - that way you'd know before reading that page why conversations don't make sense because of quoted posts of someone you ignore or you can choose to click it there to fill in the page with that person's posts. Right now, I'm scrolling to the bottom of pages to check and see beforehand if someone on my ignore list (which only has like 2 people on it) posted before I even start the page. If it were at the top, I'd know immediately.

Obviously, not a major concern. Just something to maybe keep in mind next time you're messing with the stuff that makes the site as awesome as it is.

Thanks for listening!

insidejob

SaintLuke

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a file size limitation for video's being inserted for posting. I attempted to use he insert video tab, I dragged my video (approx 55sec video) into the drag it here box, it starts to transfer but after som etime it gives me a whoops message. Perhaps too long? or too big of a file

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a file size limitation for video's being inserted for posting. I attempted to use he insert video tab, I dragged my video (approx 55sec video) into the drag it here box, it starts to transfer but after som etime it gives me a whoops message. Perhaps too long? or too big of a file

Likely to large in file weight. Unfortunately, we don't have unlimited storage on the servers, so we have to limit file weights of attachments.

dutar76

3rd Year Pro
Reaction score
Too lazy to read through all and see if this has already been asked (and it's very possible it's my computer not the site)

On my laptop, I'll be typing in a post and the cursor freezes and I have to wait to continue typing. Only happens on this site. I've googled and tried a few fixes to similar issues, but no dice.

Any suggestions?

NOTE: I do not have this issue when using my phone... just a ton of misspelled words. If I continue typing on my laptop, during the freeze, everything I type eventually appears. It's like a weird delay.

saints4eva

We are the Who Dat Nation-we will always persevere
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Too lazy to read through all and see if this has already been asked (and it's very possible it's my computer not the site)

On my laptop, I'll be typing in a post and the cursor freezes and I have to wait to continue typing. Only happens on this site. I've googled and tried a few fixes to similar issues, but no dice.

Any suggestions?

NOTE: I do not have this issue when using my phone... just a ton of misspelled words. If I continue typing on my laptop, during the freeze, everything I type eventually appears. It's like a weird delay.
I am experiencing a noticeable lag on my phone but no freezing. Only on this site and only when replying or posting to a thread.

Never used to happen until more recently.

Anyone else notice this?

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I get a little lag when responding from time to time also, and find that restarting my device or PC usually fixes the issue.

Even still, I updated all of the software on the site and server last night, just in case.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered but whatever happened to the pips? Those little gold, white, and black bars under your name? Some of them had fleur de lis on them. Thanks!

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered but whatever happened to the pips? Those little gold, white, and black bars under your name? Some of them had fleur de lis on them. Thanks!
Yeah, I liked the pips too
That feature was discontinued as it was not transferable to this system, and too expensive to replicate. If at any time a coder creates a reasonably priced purchasable addon that replicates it, I will add it.

mdharper

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can we have an option not to run the script that enables the up/down arrows on a page? It freezes scrolling until the arrows are loaded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom