FAQ Explanation on how to use new features...+ added features **Report site issues here!** (2 Viewers)

On the image
Thanks Andrus.. Not sure how I didn't see that x before. As far as the view mode, i meant trying to view a desktop mode on my phone, not the other way around.

Something else i just noticed (sorry for all the questions.. I know you guys are busy), after viewing all posts in a thread and going back out to the main page, is there anyway to go back in to a given page or even the last page of the thread? For me, the only option I have (on mobile) is to go in to page 1 again, scroll to the bottom, and then click the arrows to get to the final page of the thread.

Below is the view I have. Since I've already read all posts in these threads, I have no option to go back in to the last page. The thread title only take me to page 1 again. Any way to choose which page in the thread you want to go to?

On the image that you posted. From the main thread listings page (the page in your screenshot), If you click on the time/date stamp next to "Replies" under the thread titles it will take you to the last post in the thread. :9: For me, however, the date stamp and thread title are a little close together on my iPad so I often hit the thread title accidently.

On iPhones I don't know of a way to switch the site from cellular to normal mode either. I think that you just need to learn a little more about how the site works on your phone, and you will swiftly navigate your way around the site in no time. Heck, do what I do... click on everything and see what it does. Hover above everything and see what happens. Did you know that if you hover over that same time stamp on a PC that you get a preview of the last post in the thread? There are a lot of cool little features on this platform that are not obvious.

That's awesome thanks again Andrus! And yeah.. I'm loving the new site and all the new little addition i find while experimenting. Been a while since I could contribute (since the last time you and I spoke when I lived in chico years ago) but it's coming very soon. You guys and this site deserve it and more. Thank you!

Andrus, I love the new site. However, I'm having an issue where embedded tweets won't load in posts. I'm on a Mac using safari.Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 1.26.17 PM.png

Andrus, I love the new site. However, I'm having an issue where embedded tweets won't load in posts. I'm on a Mac using safari.Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 1.26.17 PM.png
I am away from home on my iPhone, so I ant go look. But on this system you don’t need to embed. Just paste the link in into your post.

Oh sorry. I thought you meant that you couldn’t embed them. Not being able to see them or bring them up probably has something to do with your browser settings. At least that’s my guess.

Last edited:
Just wanted to leave a comment about the header with the links like the old board had. Nice work. I just noticed it and think the sleek look of it is nice.

Question about the voting on posts system - I have never seen a post that has a dead falcon rating on it. Are they not visible to anyone at all? Is there not a way to allow the number of dead birds a post gets without revealing the handle of the person who dead birded the post when the things get clicked on? That's my guess as to why they don't show up at all. I can't possibly be the only person to have used the dead falcon on a post or 16.

I am away from home on my iPhone, so I ant go look. But on this system you don’t need to embed. Just paste the link in into your post.

Oh sorry. I thought you meant that you couldn’t embed them. Not being able to see them or bring them up probably has something to do with your browser settings. At least that’s my guess.

Andrus, do you have any suggestions on what I/we should do to fix not being able to load tweets? I'm having the same issue as above and I've tried the site on Chrome, Edge and IE and it's the same tweet loading issue every time.

Andrus, do you have any suggestions on what I/we should do to fix not being able to load tweets? I'm having the same issue as above and I've tried the site on Chrome, Edge and IE and it's the same tweet loading issue every time.

I really don't. My guess is that it has something to do with a security setting in your browser not allowing such scripts to run. Perhaps it could be an anti-malware, spyware setting. I just don't know enough about that stuff to give an educated opinion, or offer advice. However, I will look into it and post any solutions that I might find.

Sometimes Tweets take a while to load in my various browers (Safari, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox), but eventually they always load for me.

Edit: Here is some advice that I found around the web:

-Did you turn on the new cross-site tracking protection? I spent ages troubleshooting a broken embedded Twitter feed on a website yesterday - turned out to be that.
-Turning off Tracking Blocker should fix the issue with Chrome Android. I didn't know what was wrong for so long.
-If you have an ad blocker on your phone, whitelist the site. Tweets didn't show up for me either until I did that.
-My content blocker on iOS blocked them until I disabled the social media blocking function.

Last edited:
Question about the voting on posts system - I have never seen a post that has a dead falcon rating on it. Are they not visible to anyone at all? Is there not a way to allow the number of dead birds a post gets without revealing the handle of the person who dead birded the post when the things get clicked on? .

At this time, only the person giving out the drunken falcon can see it. The reason being the way the software is written, I cannot show it to everyone without them seeing who issued it. Not something that I want to do. The coder is working on modifying that as part of the reputation migration from the old board. Once he is finished with it and I can display the drunken falcons without displaying who issued them they will be seen.

Wasn't every other thread highlighted earlier or was it the Ambien?

LOL! No, that was me messing with the alternate background color of the SR_Grey style. The problem being that the SR Black style inherited the change, and I had forgotten that would happen. One of the mods brought it to my attention and I quickly fixed it. If you see something screwy like that, it is very likely something I did whether by accident or blunder.

To anyone not able to load tweets; I use a chrome based browser and was having issues loading tweets ever since the site switched over. They loaded fine on mobile but on my PC I just couldn't get them to work. I just went into the settings and after looking I saw an option for "block social networking javascript on third-party pages" I turned that option off and reloaded the page and all tweets are loading now.

I suggest if anyone is still having the issue of tweets not loading to look for a similar option within your browsers settings page. I can't believe I missed that all this time.. emot-doh.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom