FAQ Explanation on how to use new features...+ added features **Report site issues here!** (1 Viewer)

Is there a way to resize images when posting them?

The system should automatically size them down to fit in the window.
Admins and Mods can resize attachments.
I don't know if that is a feature that we would want to turn loose for public use, however. :covri:

Me adding a signature picture from downloaded photos just isn't working. Really not understanding why.

If you mean the sigpics that I uploaded to the Media section, just copy the URL from the photo and paste it between the "img" tags in your sig file.

For example:
Code:
[img]https://saintsreport.com/media/jville-jpg.5915/full[/img]
will give you -->
full

I think I should add that sig pics are now set to display once per thread. It's a bandwidth, load time and clutter saving measure.

The system should automatically size them down to fit in the window.
Admins and Mods can resize attachments.
I don't know if that is a feature that we would want to turn loose for public use, however. :covri:
The reason I ask, on the old forum I normally posted pictures resized much smaller than they were. Even when the software resizes them t fit the forum, I think they come out too big.
No biggie, pun intended :hihi:

The SSF, EE, etc added to the top is awesome. Just 1 tap to get to the SSF from anywhere on SR. Perfection.

How do you like/dislike a reply? When I hit the like button it brings up a box showing who's liked but doesn't add mine?

Man, I love the way the new ignore system works! It not only doesn't show the post at all, it even removes the quotes. Way cool.

Does the person you place on ignore see your posts or are they invisuble to him, too?

Love, love, love, this new software.

The option to disable the floating top bar doesn’t seem to work on mobile (iPhone 7). Working properly, should it disable both of the floating menus? They take up about a third of the screen and are overbearing in landscape mode. I’d like to be able to disable both of them.

Thanks guys!

How do you like/dislike a reply? When I hit the like button it brings up a box showing who's liked but doesn't add mine?
Nate... when you hover over the "like" button three options should pop up and you simply choose one. Or, just click on "Like" and it will "like" the post. Now, if nothing is happening when you do so, it's likely something in your browser settings.

Man, I love the way the new ignore system works! It not only doesn't show the post at all, it even removes the quotes. Way cool.

Does the person you place on ignore see your posts or are they invisuble to him, too?

Love, love, love, this new software.

I really don't know the answer to that. That is a built in feature. I don't use ignore at all, and there is nothing in the user manual that indicates if that happens, but my guess is that the ignored member can still see your posts.

The option to disable the floating top bar doesn’t seem to work on mobile (iPhone 7). Working properly, should it disable both of the floating menus? They take up about a third of the screen and are overbearing in landscape mode. I’d like to be able to disable both of them.

Thanks guys!

No, sorry! It only disables the upper bar. The lower navbar is a built in that has no option for removal while scrolling. However, there is no way that is should take up 1/3rd of your screen on an iphone7. Both bars together take up maybe 1/5th on my iPhone 8, or my son's iPhone 6s in Landscape. Do you have it zoomed, or something?

No, sorry! It only disables the upper bar. The lower navbar is a built in that has no option for removal while scrolling. However, there is no way that is should take up 1/3rd of your screen on an iphone7. Both bars together take up maybe 1/5th on my iPhone 8, or my son's iPhone 6s in Landscape. Do you have it zoomed, or something?

6820C9C7-59CF-4F97-8A52-0662EF946B68.png

I don’t think it’s zoomed, but I may be wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom