FAQ Explanation on how to use new features...+ added features **Report site issues here!** (1 Viewer)

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Here are some explanations on how to use some of the new site features (Note - We will be adding to this thread as we go).

I’m going to update this thread as I’m able to get screenshots and type out explanations for you guys.

1. Jumping to the most recent posts of a thread.

There’s multiple ways to do this. Option one is to simply tap the time stamp to the right (via computer or tablet) of the thread title.
80BDBF5A-03B0-467C-B72F-188087564992.jpeg

On mobile, it will likely be just below the thread title.
80BDBF5A-03B0-467C-B72F-188087564992.jpeg

You can also jump to the last post by opening a thread and selecting “jump to new” near the top of the page.
EDA502D6-769B-433B-8BB1-A68D80C6E49C.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Original thread post at top of every page on thread - convenient, or more of a minor annoyance?

For this type of forum, seems like more of an annoyance.
I don't care about that feature either way, but it was a highly requested feature when I polled members during development.

Not sure if this is the place for this post, it's a little nit picky.... but the avatar/logo is cutting off the first letter in each line of a post. Just wondering why.
That has to be a browser issue. I just looked at it in Chrome, Firefox and Edge and did not see that happen on any of the three.

If you are using a very old IE browser or other, then that is likely the issue and needs to be updated.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
does anybody know the color values of the new gray being used in the logo area? it's lighter than it used to be,
Sure! It's #E1E2E5

Also, if any of you want to check the dark style options... Go down to the left side of the footer area just above the Saints and NFL News Feed and below the breadcrumb and click on SR_Grey.

1536025792953.png

Then choose either SR-Black or Black & Gold.

1536026050852.png

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there away to hide the avatars? Also, where is the classic games thread? Thanks.
I wish there was a way to hide avatars, but not at this time.

It's in it's own forum. However, most of the game videos no longer work. :(

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
with the old website, I was able to go back and look at all my old attachments (pictures) that I had posted . But I can't seem to locate that option now.
can this still be done? its probably right in front of me, but I don't see it.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
with the old website, I was able to go back and look at all my old attachments (pictures) that I had posted . But I can't seem to locate that option now.
can this still be done? its probably right in front of me, but I don't see it.
LOL! I didn't even know that you could do that on the old system. :confused2:

I do not know of a way to do that here. At least not yet. This is still a work in progress and I am still learning too. I will keep it in mind.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
what about finding threads that I stated. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong, but I seem to only be able to find both ones I replied to and started, which makes for too long of next page next page.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
what about finding threads that I stated. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong, but I seem to only be able to find both ones I replied to and started, which makes for too long of next page next page.
Big daddysaints......

Click on the forums tab in the Nav bar above, or if on a tablet click on the arrow next to it. On your pc you should see “find threads” in the subnav menu that then comes up... If you click on that you should see “your threads” and “threads with your post”. On a tablet you should see “find thread” as well as the two others on the drop down menu once you click on the arrow connected to the forums tab.

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
cant stay logged in long enough to post. every refresh of the page logs me out. so frustrating. Bout to give up altogether.

of course THAT posts with no issues

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
cant stay logged in long enough to post. every refresh of the page logs me out. so frustrating. Bout to give up altogether.

of course THAT posts with no issues
Which browser, and type of device are you using? There are some users having this issue, but we can’t figure out why so far, so I need to gather some details.

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Which browser, and type of device are you using? There are some users having this issue, but we can’t figure out why so far, so I need to gather some details.
It's happened on two different PCs/laptops. Nothing special like an iDevice or mac. Using Microsoft Edge on one and IE on the other. I originally thought it was due to high traffic as I couldn't post for hours right after the game. But the same thing happened Monday morning. Now, it's fine.

I also noticed that clicking on "Show Ignored Content" seems to trigger it at odd times. if I'm in a thread and want to see if someone else has already posted what I'm about to say, I click Show Ignored Content and here we go. Page freezes, I refresh and I'm logged out. Now, that's not ALWAYS the trigger. Sometimes it happens on its own. But that's just one of the scenarios that causes it to spazz out sometimes.

No matter how many times you log back in, you can't take any action without being logged out. If you go to the next page, it will log you out. If you click reply or preview or try to like something, it will say you have to be logged in to do that. Even if you can see you're logged in right before clicking whatever it is you clicked. It's as if it logs you in, but immediately kicks you out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom