FAQ Explanation on how to use new features...+ added features **Report site issues here!**

Admin #1

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Ratings
Sticky Post
Here are some explanations on how to use some of the new site features (Note - We will be adding to this thread as we go).

I’m going to update this thread as I’m able to get screenshots and type out explanations for you guys.

1. Jumping to the most recent posts of a thread.

There’s multiple ways to do this. Option one is to simply tap the time stamp to the right (via computer or tablet) of the thread title.
80BDBF5A-03B0-467C-B72F-188087564992.jpeg

On mobile, it will likely be just below the thread title.
80BDBF5A-03B0-467C-B72F-188087564992.jpeg

You can also jump to the last post by opening a thread and selecting “jump to new” near the top of the page.
EDA502D6-769B-433B-8BB1-A68D80C6E49C.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

rajncajn

Lurker Extrodinaire
Ratings
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I wanted to say my piece as well...

The "dislike" function either should be done away with or made so that it is not anonymous. If someone feels strongly enough to discredit another poster then they should be strong enough to own up to it as well, otherwise you get posters who "dislike" other posters simply out of pettiness or spite rather than the validity or quality of the post. I have no issue with someone disagreeing with what I post & would never hold a grudge against someone who simply disagreed with me, but I do dislike the fact that there is a feature that can reflect negatively on a poster's reputation that is done so anonymously.

Dirty bird away SR...

Edit: And for the record, I do practice what I preach. Since we've had the feature I've given 1,735 Likes to 2 Dislikes, which I believe I responded to both.

Last edited:

Shadeaux

TheMatrix~Ak41/Mi22
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
Ok, this is such a little nit-picky thing, but I used to love how you could see how many people were viewing any particular thread on the page. It was cool to see when major news broke several hundreds of ppl logged on and reading threads.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I wanted to say my piece as well...

The "dislike" function either should be done away with or made so that it is not anonymous. If someone feels strongly enough to discredit another poster then they should be strong enough to own up to it as well, otherwise you get posters who "dislike" other posters simply out of pettiness or spite rather than the validity or quality of the post. I have no issue with someone disagreeing with what I post & would never hold a grudge against someone who simply disagreed with me, but I do dislike the fact that there is a feature that can reflect negatively on a poster's reputation that is done so anonymously.

Dirty bird away SR...

Edit: And for the record, I do practice what I preach. Since we've had the feature I've given 1,735 Likes to 2 Dislikes, which I believe I responded to both.
This has been gone over repeatedly. Although some of us can handle knowing who red-thumbed us, there are plenty that cannot, which leads to those people fighting about it. The reason it exists is to discourage bad posting. I do not agree that it should be done away with, as it serves a purpose. But there are some idiots that love getting red-thumbed, so it isn't fool/full proof.

Ok, this is such a little nit-picky thing, but I used to love how you could see how many people were viewing any particular thread on the page. It was cool to see when major news broke several hundreds of ppl logged on and reading threads.
The Who is Online feature resides in the side bar of the individual forums. You can still see how many members and guests are online... but only in the forum side bars, not in the threads themselves. We are trying to keep the page load speeds down.

On this system it was found that the feature that shows users reading the forum home and individual forums was too resource instensive and was causing 5 to 7 second delays in page load, so I nixed most parts of that feature. However. you, being a PlatinumVIP member should still be able to see who and how many members and guests are reading each thread by looking under the reply box at the bottom of each thread. We left that up for Staff, Subscribers and Diamond/platinum VIP contributors.

rajncajn

Lurker Extrodinaire
Ratings
This has been gone over repeatedly. Although some of us can handle knowing who red-thumbed us, there are plenty that cannot, which leads to those people fighting about it. The reason it exists is to discourage bad posting. I do not agree that it should be done away with, as it serves a purpose. But there are some idiots that love getting red-thumbed, so it isn't fool/full proof.
I do understand the need for it & really didn't want to do away with it. I just know that, just as there are idiots who troll for red thumbs, there are plenty of idiots who abuse it by red-thumbing even the most benign posts simply because they do not like that person or disagreed with something they may have posted earlier. I realize that there's no easy way to fix that and it's easier to keep it anonymous and not have to deal with the bickering, but I still had to vent about it. Thanks for being patient with my tirade.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
If you are having difficulty viewing tweets and are using the Black & Gold style, try switching to the SR-Black style. The Black & Gold style is not well supported or maintained by the developer of that style and is buggy.

T.P.

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I am unable to post a GIF..this is the link https://media1.tenor.com/images/38f8225fefd837c5875efc53187914e4/tenor.gif?itemid=12051103
I try to post it as media and it tells me "The specified URL cannot be embedded as media. "
I try to post it straight to the body and the preview just shows the link.
It worked in the past but not now. Am I doing something wrong?
It's not just this link but every GIF I have attempted to post for the last month+
I waited to say something because I know bugs are being ironed out.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
I am unable to post a GIF..this is the link https://media1.tenor.com/images/38f8225fefd837c5875efc53187914e4/tenor.gif?itemid=12051103
I try to post it as media and it tells me "The specified URL cannot be embedded as media. "
I try to post it straight to the body and the preview just shows the link.
It worked in the past but not now. Am I doing something wrong?
It's not just this link but every GIF I have attempted to post for the last month+
I waited to say something because I know bugs are being ironed out.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/38f8225fefd837c5875efc53187914e4 is too large in file weight. 2,220.23 KB (2,273,520 bytes) the file weight limit for images is 1,800 KB,

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
Browser issues ? Doesn't seem to matter if I'm using Chrome or IE, but site is slow to load, and randomly crashes.

Edit: It actually looks like the issue is the the google ads loading...
Hmmm... just curious.... I assume you are on a laptop or desktop? If so, how old is your PC, St. Blooz? How much RAM and what kind of connection do you have? Are you running Windows? What version?

I am on a 5 year old AMD Quad Core desktop with 8GB of RAM with a plain old built in graphics card. I am connected through a slower than normal 10MBS download local cable ISP and this site flies. It usually loads within 2 seconds at most.

Anyway, being that it crashes at times when Google Ads are loading, my first thought is that the problem is likely with your PC or it having a lack of graphical resources.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
Is the old/archived forum still around?
Unfortunately no. I still have the database archived, but it got really messed up during the migration to the new servers due to parts of it being messed up during transfer. Unfortunately I didn't notice it until days later when I tried to go live with it and had already cancelled the old servers, so I couldn't go back and try to get a clean transfer. I plan to try to go through it and fix it when I have some free time, but I spent a day on it and it was really messed up. So I am not sure that I will be able to do so.

St. Blooz

www.ajblueroux.com
Ratings
Hmmm... just curious.... I assume you are on a laptop or desktop? If so, how old is your PC, St. Blooz? How much RAM and what kind of connection do you have? Are you running Windows? What version?

I am on a 5 year old AMD Quad Core desktop with 8GB of RAM with a plain old built in graphics card. I am connected through a slower than normal 10MBS download local cable ISP and this site flies. It usually loads within 2 seconds at most.

Anyway, being that it crashes at times when Google Ads are loading, my first thought is that the problem is likely with your PC or it having a lack of graphical resources.
Good morning my friend !

I believe it may be a connection issue related to my work internet trying to block the google ads.

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
Good morning my friend !

I believe it may be a connection issue related to my work internet trying to block the google ads.
Ohhhh! So... do you have a smart phone or tablet that you can pull out at work without getting in trouble? :hihi: The site is very mobile friendly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Donate

Support Saintsreport.com

Please help us with our site operating expenses and development costs!
Earned
US $6,650.00
This donation drive ends in

Recent Donations

Mills
$10.00
62C10WhoDat
$10.00
sarrail
$25.00
VikesFan2017
$10.00