FAQ Explanation on how to use new features...+ added features **Report site issues here!** (1 Viewer)

with the old website, I was able to go back and look at all my old attachments (pictures) that I had posted . But I can't seem to locate that option now.
can this still be done? its probably right in front of me, but I don't see it.

with the old website, I was able to go back and look at all my old attachments (pictures) that I had posted . But I can't seem to locate that option now.
can this still be done? its probably right in front of me, but I don't see it.

LOL! I didn't even know that you could do that on the old system. :confused2:

I do not know of a way to do that here. At least not yet. This is still a work in progress and I am still learning too. I will keep it in mind.

what about finding threads that I stated. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong, but I seem to only be able to find both ones I replied to and started, which makes for too long of next page next page.

what about finding threads that I stated. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong, but I seem to only be able to find both ones I replied to and started, which makes for too long of next page next page.

Big daddysaints......

Click on the forums tab in the Nav bar above, or if on a tablet click on the arrow next to it. On your pc you should see “find threads” in the subnav menu that then comes up... If you click on that you should see “your threads” and “threads with your post”. On a tablet you should see “find thread” as well as the two others on the drop down menu once you click on the arrow connected to the forums tab.

cant stay logged in long enough to post. every refresh of the page logs me out. so frustrating. Bout to give up altogether.

of course THAT posts with no issues

cant stay logged in long enough to post. every refresh of the page logs me out. so frustrating. Bout to give up altogether.

of course THAT posts with no issues

Which browser, and type of device are you using? There are some users having this issue, but we can’t figure out why so far, so I need to gather some details.

Which browser, and type of device are you using? There are some users having this issue, but we can’t figure out why so far, so I need to gather some details.
It's happened on two different PCs/laptops. Nothing special like an iDevice or mac. Using Microsoft Edge on one and IE on the other. I originally thought it was due to high traffic as I couldn't post for hours right after the game. But the same thing happened Monday morning. Now, it's fine.

I also noticed that clicking on "Show Ignored Content" seems to trigger it at odd times. if I'm in a thread and want to see if someone else has already posted what I'm about to say, I click Show Ignored Content and here we go. Page freezes, I refresh and I'm logged out. Now, that's not ALWAYS the trigger. Sometimes it happens on its own. But that's just one of the scenarios that causes it to spazz out sometimes.

No matter how many times you log back in, you can't take any action without being logged out. If you go to the next page, it will log you out. If you click reply or preview or try to like something, it will say you have to be logged in to do that. Even if you can see you're logged in right before clicking whatever it is you clicked. It's as if it logs you in, but immediately kicks you out.

It's happened on two different PCs/laptops. Nothing special like an iDevice or mac. Using Microsoft Edge on one and IE on the other. I originally thought it was due to high traffic as I couldn't post for hours right after the game. But the same thing happened Monday morning. Now, it's fine.

I also noticed that clicking on "Show Ignored Content" seems to trigger it at odd times. if I'm in a thread and want to see if someone else has already posted what I'm about to say, I click Show Ignored Content and here we go. Page freezes, I refresh and I'm logged out. Now, that's not ALWAYS the trigger. Sometimes it happens on its own. But that's just one of the scenarios that causes it to spazz out sometimes.

No matter how many times you log back in, you can't take any action without being logged out. If you go to the next page, it will log you out. If you click reply or preview or try to like something, it will say you have to be logged in to do that. Even if you can see you're logged in right before clicking whatever it is you clicked. It's as if it logs you in, but immediately kicks you out.

Kizzy... I had put in a support ticket with our hosting solution when we couldn't identify the issue on the webserver side. His response was:

Here is the response that I received from the NOC:

Hey Andrus,

This issue appears to be isolated to safari browsers as I am unable to recreate the issue inside of chrome or firefox, but we do not have safari on our workstations so I cannot guarantee that.

Could you make sure that those using safari have cookies enabled?

Thank you!
DJ W.

Technical Support Operator :

I sent him back a copy of your post to alert him that the issue is across other platforms, but random. The random part is what is making this so tough to figure out. Will let you know what we are able to figure out.

How do you get the quick reply box to clear if you decide not to submit a reply?

Anytime I click to reply to someone in a thread and I end up changing my mind I can never get their quote or what auto saved from what I'd typed out of the quick reply box. Every time I go out of the thread and come back it's there & even when I click to quote someone else I have to back out what was auto saved.

How do you get the quick reply box to clear if you decide not to submit a reply?

Anytime I click to reply to someone in a thread and I end up changing my mind I can never get their quote or what auto saved from what I'd typed out of the quick reply box. Every time I go out of the thread and come back it's there & even when I click to quote someone else I have to back out what was auto saved.

This is called a "draft". I believe this forum is set to automatically save drafts (the text you type) once per minute. If you look at the icons on the editor toolbar, you should see an icon that looks like a floppy disk. This is where you can manually Save or Delete a draft. After about a minute, a green dot will briefly appear next to the icon which indicates that the draft you created was auto-saved. You can use the icon to manually delete the draft, after which you can refresh the page to clear the textbox.

1537575147442.png

Last edited:
All of my old PMs got moved over here, and they count toward the limit. Xenforo doesn't seem to allow you to 'delete' a PM like the old system did. You have to "leave" the conversation, but the conversation isn't deleted unless all members "Leave" - for PMs where people no longer post here, those conversations aren't deleted - they can't be. But they count toward the cap.

So, I have notifications regarding PMs that people cannot receive PMs from me and I get an error that says I have hit the limit of conversations.

Seems we need a way to be able to delete those PMs

All of my old PMs got moved over here, and they count toward the limit. Xenforo doesn't seem to allow you to 'delete' a PM like the old system did. You have to "leave" the conversation, but the conversation isn't deleted unless all members "Leave" - for PMs where people no longer post here, those conversations aren't deleted - they can't be. But they count toward the cap.

So, I have notifications regarding PMs that people cannot receive PMs from me and I get an error that says I have hit the limit of conversations.

Seems we need a way to be able to delete those PMs
Same as Oye. Here's what I am seeing.

Conversation.JPG
Limits.JPG

My apologies.... I have been working on making improvements to the PM/Conversation feature. It is a work in progress. Those errors should no longer be showing up.

My apologies.... I have been working on making improvements to the PM/Conversation feature. It is a work in progress. Those errors should no longer be showing up.
We're good! Thanks. Takes me back . . . I spent a few years as a website tester for the USDA while at band camp. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom