FAQ Explanation on how to use new features...+ added features **Report site issues here!** (1 Viewer)

Only see it when viewing on my phone
(Samsung S8 active) dont see it when I'm on my laptop. It doesnt hurt anything but it was unusual so I asked.

I'm getting the same thing. I assumed it was showing if members were on or off line.

Only see it when viewing on my phone
(Samsung S8 active) dont see it when I'm on my laptop. It doesnt hurt anything but it was unusual so I asked.
I'm on my S8 right now. And I see it. I guess I just never noticed it before.

I'm getting the same thing. I assumed it was showing if members were on or off line.

That would be correct. I just thought since I find it useful on the desktop I might as well add a version of the feature to devices too.

I'm sure this has been addressed, but I wanted to say my piece as well...

The "dislike" function either should be done away with or made so that it is not anonymous. If someone feels strongly enough to discredit another poster then they should be strong enough to own up to it as well, otherwise you get posters who "dislike" other posters simply out of pettiness or spite rather than the validity or quality of the post. I have no issue with someone disagreeing with what I post & would never hold a grudge against someone who simply disagreed with me, but I do dislike the fact that there is a feature that can reflect negatively on a poster's reputation that is done so anonymously.

Dirty bird away SR...

Edit: And for the record, I do practice what I preach. Since we've had the feature I've given 1,735 Likes to 2 Dislikes, which I believe I responded to both.

Last edited:
Ok, this is such a little nit-picky thing, but I used to love how you could see how many people were viewing any particular thread on the page. It was cool to see when major news broke several hundreds of ppl logged on and reading threads.

I'm sure this has been addressed, but I wanted to say my piece as well...

The "dislike" function either should be done away with or made so that it is not anonymous. If someone feels strongly enough to discredit another poster then they should be strong enough to own up to it as well, otherwise you get posters who "dislike" other posters simply out of pettiness or spite rather than the validity or quality of the post. I have no issue with someone disagreeing with what I post & would never hold a grudge against someone who simply disagreed with me, but I do dislike the fact that there is a feature that can reflect negatively on a poster's reputation that is done so anonymously.

Dirty bird away SR...

Edit: And for the record, I do practice what I preach. Since we've had the feature I've given 1,735 Likes to 2 Dislikes, which I believe I responded to both.

This has been gone over repeatedly. Although some of us can handle knowing who red-thumbed us, there are plenty that cannot, which leads to those people fighting about it. The reason it exists is to discourage bad posting. I do not agree that it should be done away with, as it serves a purpose. But there are some idiots that love getting red-thumbed, so it isn't fool/full proof.

Ok, this is such a little nit-picky thing, but I used to love how you could see how many people were viewing any particular thread on the page. It was cool to see when major news broke several hundreds of ppl logged on and reading threads.

The Who is Online feature resides in the side bar of the individual forums. You can still see how many members and guests are online... but only in the forum side bars, not in the threads themselves. We are trying to keep the page load speeds down.

On this system it was found that the feature that shows users reading the forum home and individual forums was too resource instensive and was causing 5 to 7 second delays in page load, so I nixed most parts of that feature. However. you, being a PlatinumVIP member should still be able to see who and how many members and guests are reading each thread by looking under the reply box at the bottom of each thread. We left that up for Staff, Subscribers and Diamond/platinum VIP contributors.

Nice, yeah I figured I was just not looking in the right place!

This has been gone over repeatedly. Although some of us can handle knowing who red-thumbed us, there are plenty that cannot, which leads to those people fighting about it. The reason it exists is to discourage bad posting. I do not agree that it should be done away with, as it serves a purpose. But there are some idiots that love getting red-thumbed, so it isn't fool/full proof.
I do understand the need for it & really didn't want to do away with it. I just know that, just as there are idiots who troll for red thumbs, there are plenty of idiots who abuse it by red-thumbing even the most benign posts simply because they do not like that person or disagreed with something they may have posted earlier. I realize that there's no easy way to fix that and it's easier to keep it anonymous and not have to deal with the bickering, but I still had to vent about it. Thanks for being patient with my tirade.

If you are having difficulty viewing tweets and are using the Black & Gold style, try switching to the SR-Black style. The Black & Gold style is not well supported or maintained by the developer of that style and is buggy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom