Explanation? (1 Viewer)

sportsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Has CSP come out and given an explanation for wth that was yesterday?? Or has Rev Deuce had any opinions? This just makes it harder down the road for hfa. Thanks

CSP was doing too much Engagement partying. Think that's the real explanation.

But to come out and publicly blame it on his future wife, is probably not a good way to start a Marriage. :)

He isn't going to explain anything other than we deserve to lose. The whole team took them very lightly. Probably had this idea that it will be a blowout because of their record..

Last edited:
I haven't looked for anything from SP yet. I did listen to EJW and Rev's postgame podcast on our drive home from New Orleans yesterday. I think they were as dumbfounded as the rest of us.

Rev seemed to think the flags were legit. I can't disagree as it's tough to see those kind of details from the 300 section endzone seats... especially the plays that occur on the opposite end of the field. But there were a few that stuck out as terrible on the big screen replays. My main issue with the refs were that the calls seemed very one-sided when you look at when they occurred, which was on 3rd downs where we converted AND on 3rd downs where our defense had stopped ATL from converting. Legit or not, it was uncanny that ATL's flags were on plays where it really didn't matter.

Then there was Drew, uncharacteristically holding the ball too long and making throws that were off target. Add that to several key drops by Ginn and Smith on what would've been 3rd down conversions.

Our defense seemed to do it's job for the most part after that first drive. Struggling on opening drives isn't a new thing for our defense. The rest of the game, we did the bend-don't-break thing... and it worked up until our Defense had been on the field for way too many plays and things started breaking down. This goes on the offense as well, IMO, by not doing it's part...

I don't know what it looked like on TV (yet, I will watch eventually), but live... it never felt like ATL were beating us. Like they were the better team. It just seemed like our offense didn't click... couldn't get over some hump. And that was from the opening drive on. It may have gotten worse when Peat left the game, but not much good was happening before that either.

I've never seen a Drew Brees led offense that didn't take ANY shots downfield. But that's what I saw yesterday. I think the longest play was 15 yds to MT? Something like that. I'd love to know "why".

More than anything, to me... it felt like the barrage of penalties. And more importantly... when we got them.

I've never seen a Drew Brees led offense that didn't take ANY shots downfield. But that's what I saw yesterday. I think the longest play was 15 yds to MT? Something like that. I'd love to know "why".
I think he was trying to but seems like no one is capable on this team to do that. But the issue was not trying to establish a running game. It would of been better if it was 2nd and 6 or 7 or 2nd and 8. But when you have to make it up on 2nd down and 10, there aren't much room for error after that. Murray has been running well for you. That lack of a solid running game got this team in a funk in some games for the past 2 years.

We always seem to run the ball more at home after we get a lead. It appeared our game plan was to attach their DBs, get on top of them, then smother them with the run.

For that to happen, you have to score and your defense has to make some stops.

Sacks, drops, bad throws, and penalties stalled our offense all game long.
Penalties and some made plays by ATL kept our defense on the field.

ATL was able to turn some of their drives into 7 points.
We scored 3 FGs... normally, at least 2 of those would've been TDs.
Even if only one of them would've been a TD, that could've changed the complexion of the game, and maybe you'd have seem more from our running game.

He isn't going to explain anything other than we deserve to lose. The whole team took them very lightly. Probably had this idea that it will be a blowout because of their record..
The first sentence I say is correct. The rest, not so much. No way does any coaching staff take any game lightly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom