Extra motivation for Saints if Falcons win tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

SaintsBrah

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Something about knowing you'll return to Dome Sweet Dome with a victory and play the NFC championship at home that might give them a small extra spark

On the flip side, the Vikings will have the same motivation if the Falcons win.

I'd say so. And just as much of a motivator would be the possibility of the falcons still being in the hunt after us when they only made it to the playoffs in the first place because of that stolen Thursday night game.

ETA: I swear to all things holy, if we have to go on the road for another Thursday night game next year, I might lose my ****. We've only played in one home Thursday night game since they started having them, IIRC.

I think so, at least to a minor degree. If the Falcons win, the Saints know they would host the CG against a known opponent they can beat at home. I think knowing that could be additional fire in their belly.

But maybe not, you have to figure they’re as motivated as they could be anyway. If you’re not fully motivated in the Divisional round, what is wrong with you?

It could add to it though

If the Falcons win, it’ll be nice knowing in our back pocket that a W brings the Super Bowl through New Orleans. If they lose, then at least the Falcons lose and we’ll handle the Foles-led Eagles in Philly.

There should be no extra motivation requirements. Win. If you aren't playing every game to win, then you are in the wrong profession.

If you ask the team publicly they will so no but you can bet your *** it adds a little more to the fire to get them boys to win to have the game at home for nfc championship

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-rUp-t386sU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How about this for motivation.

If the Falcons, Saints and Patriots win, then Goodell will be forced to go to the Patriots or Saints stadiums and get his just desserts from those fans and cities that hate him and boo him the mostest.

Not having a winning season in 4of 5 last seasons and being in the playoffs should be motivation enough. Brees and Payton know their chances of winning another Super Bowl is running on low. Just win one at a time regardless of what other teams do and everything else will fall in place. STAY FOCUS, DONT LOOK AHEAD !!! :gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom