Eye Opening Sports news (49ers About to move out of SF)[MERGED][X2] (1 Viewer)

Hopefully the state takes note of this and we get that stadium built sooner then later.....:no:

Sorry i see it's posted on the forum already but with this New forum i don't have the option to delete my main post :-( sorry guys. There's also No Real advance Editor on this MB.

Hopefully the state takes note of this and we get that stadium built sooner then later.....:no:

it'll be 2012 before any New Stadium Discussions are made.
First we have to Nail down a Long term Contract stretching over 15-20 years with possibly a New stadium in there to sweeten the deal (thats if the state wants control of the stadium like the Superdome.) otherwise Owner will need to come up with Bulk of funds and find huge business to slap they're name on it quickly to help Pay for it's construction and extra's.

Benson wont talk to anyone until this season is over and done with, And probably wont even say much even then until he recieves his owed money, which he might and (DEFINATELY CAN) hold off talks until he recieves, but that would be rotten because the deadline is in July and Preseason would be only a month and half away.

Well at least they'll still be in Cali, im not worried about SF, I hope (if they must move) To scout out L.A. as a Area of Choice :) Im tired of N.O. Being Front runner to go there everytime season starts.

I hope I'm right, but, I don't see the Saints going anywhere, as long as we have some type of plan for a new stadium in the next few years. Let the other teams move and it will weaken chances of the Saints going anywhere. However, whether people like it or not, the stadium issue looms. It is not going to go away.

people... Santa Clara is not far from San Francisco. It'd be like the Saints moving to La Place. Boo friggin hoo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe "elsewhere in California" will be L.A. and then all the nonsense can end about the Saints.
Frankly, I don't think they're going anywhere. This is just the typical posturing that keeps going on when teams want a new stadium and cities (wisely) don't want to pay for the whole thing.
Stinking whiners.

people... Santa Clara is not far from San Francisco. It'd be like the Saints moving to La Place. Boo friggin hoo.

That's why it's the ultimate posturing. It screws the politicians in SanFran with the perceived blow to the city while keeping the exact same fan base.

Last edited by a moderator:
it'll be 2012 before any New Stadium Discussions are made.
First we have to Nail down a Long term Contract stretching over 15-20 years with possibly a New stadium in there to sweeten the deal (thats if the state wants control of the stadium like the Superdome.) otherwise Owner will need to come up with Bulk of funds and find huge business to slap they're name on it quickly to help Pay for it's construction and extra's.

Benson wont talk to anyone until this season is over and done with, And probably wont even say much even then until he recieves his owed money, which he might and (DEFINATELY CAN) hold off talks until he recieves, but that would be rotten because the deadline is in July and Preseason would be only a month and half away.

2012 is too long, hopefully they talk about a new stadium as soon as the go into negotiations in 08(or in the offseason of this year) and have it built by at least 2012.....

2012 is too long, hopefully they talk about a new stadium as soon as the go into negotiations in 08(or in the offseason of this year) and have it built by at least 2012.....

That's what I am screaming, I hope we have a new one by 2012. By then we should have some nice development all around the city and business should be better than ever. I just hope the city is able to bounce back better than pre-katrina, which I think it will. A new stadium would be the icing on the cake but I still love the Superdome but we know Benson wants a new stadium and I wouldn't mind having one.

That's what I am screaming, I hope we have a new one by 2012. By then we should have some nice development all around the city and business should be better than ever. I just hope the city is able to bounce back better than pre-katrina, which I think it will. A new stadium would be the icing on the cake but I still love the Superdome but we know Benson wants a new stadium and I wouldn't mind having one.

Yes that's a lot of ifs and wishful thinking but hopefully everybody is off the "why are you spending money on the saints" bull.....Hopefully they can start building at least a couple years after they sign a deal, which is hopefully around 2010-12......

As for the Dome, I love it as much as anybody, and it'll be a sad day when its gone but the new stadium they proposed to build will/would be sooo much better and way nicer......it looks sick man, having it overlooking the city and the river and having that great looking design....Plus I love outdoor stadiums for football(ever been to Tiger stadium, or Bama etc etc??)...I can't wait for that day...

Yea, but I don't want them to tear down the Superdome though, wasn't the proposed stadium in a different location?

Yes it was proposed in 3 locations, the Iberville projects(which at the time was possibly going to be razzed, like most of the other ones left after Katrina), Algiers point(I'm pretty sure) or right along the river somewhere right below the convention center, I want to say right along the Irish bayou, although it may have been the other side......

they don;t have to tear the Dome down to be honest though, they could still use it for conventions an concerts or whatever else..I mean they did just throw 180 million into it...:ezbill: and we still don't have replays.....:(

So you don't think the Superdome is up to par for another 5 or 6 years worth of repairs and upgrades for NFL? Granted {plans} should be made by that time, Discussing future plans for a new stadium and City nailing a long term contract with the team would gaurantee More superbowls to the city, but giving up on the superdome in that short amount of time is a low blow to the people that worked hard to get it together and better than ever, 2015 is a better date to have a New Saints home and gives city and Architects time for excellent planning for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom