Eye Opening Sports news (49ers About to move out of SF)[MERGED][X2] (1 Viewer)

So you don't think the Superdome is up to par for another 5 or 6 years worth of repairs and upgrades for NFL? Granted {plans} should be made by that time, Discussing future plans for a new stadium and City nailing a long term contract with the team would gaurantee More superbowls to the city, but giving up on the superdome in that short amount of time is a low blow to the people that worked hard to get it together and better than ever, 2015 is a better date to have a New Saints home and gives city and Architects time for excellent planning for it.

Actually the plans were already laid out back in 01, and yes I do think that the Dome's time has passed, the 180 million that they put into it was just to get it to how it was before the storm, they didn't have any choice in the matter...quite frankly it looks the same to me, the only thing that is different is they installed some new seats in the club level and they have some new jumboscreens at the top.....other then that i don't see how its so "better then ever"

Actually the plans were already laid out back in 01, and yes I do think that the Dome's time has passed, the 180 million that they put into it was just to get it to how it was before the storm, they didn't have any choice in the matter...quite frankly it looks the same to me, the only thing that is different is they installed some new seats in the club level and they have some new jumboscreens at the top.....other then that i don't see how its so "better then ever"

New roof, Ribbon Screens, New Turf, new Seats throughout, new Concessions, new bathrooms (BETTER BATHROOMS OMG That was important), I say give it 3-4 years to age before we call it No good to host games in also think Next Superbowl Bid is 2011 ;-) Superdome has to last at least that long or we'll lose that bid, it's gonna take 3 or so years to build a New stadium anyway, even though it shouldn't be hard to locate a spot to build if they choose an area right now before all the building starts.

I am suprised that there are people that's suprised about this. Candelstick is and has been the worst eye sore in the NFL for years if not decades.And if the People's Republic of San Francisco does not want to build a new stadium then the team has everyright in this case to move.

New roof, Ribbon Screens, New Turf, new Seats throughout, new Concessions, new bathrooms (BETTER BATHROOMS OMG That was important), I say give it 3-4 years to age before we call it No good to host games in also think Next Superbowl Bid is 2011 ;-) Superdome has to last at least that long or we'll lose that bid, it's gonna take 3 or so years to build a New stadium anyway, even though it shouldn't be hard to locate a spot to build if they choose an area right now before all the building starts.

Where do you sit???

New bathrooms?? They look the same "smoke filled big broken hand wash thing in the middle" to me.

New seats??? In parts of the club yes, but rest of the seats look like the same, small, ugly teal green,orange and puke green....

New concessions?? Is that really that big of deal?? still and all nothing noticeable to me.

New roof?? Yes, but like I said they HAD to put a new roof on it or they wouldn't be playing there,

Ribbon screens T.V.?? and we still can't get a replay???

New turf?? Yes, its same thing, they had to do all this stuff(we had the new turf before the storm for the past few years)...

Like I said the Dome looks pretty much the same except for few noticeable changes(new T.V.'s that show scores(which is the best thing they did), and a few thousand seats in the club, and some brand new turf)..the way they make it sound is as if they Dome is way different or better then before which is not true, they put 180 million just to get it back to the way it was, that just how damaged it was....nothing wrong with that, I'm cool with it, I'm just calling it like I see it....

The truth is your timetable is probably what the state wants/is aiming for(because people will use the same logic of we just put money into the Dome) but I just think that is TOO long, and the longer the state and the city wait on making a deal, which will include either building a new stadium, renovating the Dome further(which was what the Blanco and the State were aiming at pre-Katrina and was looking like they were going to do), the worst off it is for us......

We can talk about the future of the Saints and a deal to keep them in the city but the key is the new stadium. We'll have to build a stadium(that's what benson wants) and if we want to KEEP the Saints, that is what we'll have to do, that is just facts.....I say the sooner the better, but like I said you're probably right on the time, if anything it may even take longer then that....

The city said no to a new stadium and the team says Goodbye. Sounds like that was nearly us if not for Katrina.

I see LA licking their chops and San Antonio wishing upon as Star again !!! :)

The city said no to a new stadium and the team says Goodbye. Sounds like that was nearly us if not for Katrina.

I see LA licking their chops and San Antonio wishing upon as Star again !!! :)

Yea, that was what I was thinking all the time before the storm hit, especially the way Blanco was handling the negotiations(wanted him to open his books, questioned his personal spending, wanted him restructure the yearly deal) and was really using a lot of tough talk against benson. At one point I think the talks were called off by Benson...It was not good for Saints fans...Then comes Katrina, we catch some sympathy we get Bush,Peyton and Brees, sell out the season and now Blanco is on the sidelines all giddy talking about the Saints...I just hope everything works out.....

The other big key that is just as important to keeping the Saints(even moreso then selling out season tickets) is the business and corporate support, that's going to be another major issue along with the stadium issues.......

Last edited:
According to ESPN the possible relocation site's for the 9ers are Santa Clara, L.A., and Anahiem. No surprises there.

I was wondering when the 49ers would make some serious noise about moving out of Candlestick....

Maybe we're starting to see a trend where these NFL cities are no longer willing to be held hostage by their 'home' team and their outrageous price tags.
Pretty soon the economic factor of having an NFL franchise is going to outweigh the prestige factor and these cities will simply have to turn them loose to another area that is willing to roll the fiscal dice.

That being said, unless the move is still in close proximity to the original fan base, it's always going to be MOST hurtful to the loyal fans who have given their support through the years.
And for that alone, this kind of talk makes me furious! :cussing:

49ers to leave Candlestick, turn focus to Santa Clara

SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco 49ers ended negotiations with the city about building a new stadium Wednesday and have turned their focus to the Bay Area suburb of Santa Clara.

Owner John York notified Mayor Gavin Newsom of the team's decision earlier Wednesday, the mayor's spokesman, Peter Ragone, told The Associated Press.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2654743

Really, this is much ado about nothing. The 49ers moving to Santa Clara is akin to the Redskins moving from DC (RFK), to Landover, MD. Nothing changed except the new locations. The owners basically said they will always be the SF 49ers.

much ado about nothing. Any talk of a move to LA or Anaheim is a bluff on the level of Kraft moving the Pats to Hartford back in 97. Santa Clara is all of 40 miles from San Fran, if the Saints built a new stadium in Slidell they'd still be the New Orleans Saints.

Where do you sit???

New bathrooms?? They look the same "smoke filled big broken hand wash thing in the middle" to me.

New seats??? In parts of the club yes, but rest of the seats look like the same, small, ugly teal green,orange and puke green....

New concessions?? Is that really that big of deal?? still and all nothing noticeable to me.

New roof?? Yes, but like I said they HAD to put a new roof on it or they wouldn't be playing there,

Ribbon screens T.V.?? and we still can't get a replay???

New turf?? Yes, its same thing, they had to do all this stuff(we had the new turf before the storm for the past few years)...

Like I said the Dome looks pretty much the same except for few noticeable changes(new T.V.'s that show scores(which is the best thing they did), and a few thousand seats in the club, and some brand new turf)..the way they make it sound is as if they Dome is way different or better then before which is not true, they put 180 million just to get it back to the way it was, that just how damaged it was....nothing wrong with that, I'm cool with it, I'm just calling it like I see it....

The truth is your timetable is probably what the state wants/is aiming for(because people will use the same logic of we just put money into the Dome) but I just think that is TOO long, and the longer the state and the city wait on making a deal, which will include either building a new stadium, renovating the Dome further(which was what the Blanco and the State were aiming at pre-Katrina and was looking like they were going to do), the worst off it is for us......

We can talk about the future of the Saints and a deal to keep them in the city but the key is the new stadium. We'll have to build a stadium(that's what benson wants) and if we want to KEEP the Saints, that is what we'll have to do, that is just facts.....I say the sooner the better, but like I said you're probably right on the time, if anything it may even take longer then that....

i dont think they are finished yet, wont the concourses be widened and other changes be made after the season?

but i agree a new stadium is needed down the road

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom