Eye Opening Sports news (49ers About to move out of SF)[MERGED][X2] (1 Viewer)

Hardly any difference in the Dome-black seats in club/loge sidelines, slightly wider video screens in end zones, ribbon screens in corners, a few new concession set ups. Most of the money was used to repair structural damage. As many have said, the Dome is not state of art and if a new stadium isn't on track by the end of the lease they'll leave

Wow, the 49ers of all teams. That'd be akin to the Cowgirls moving down to Waco. Never thought I'd see the 49ers in this conversation.

...or like them actually playing in Dallas?
...or like them moving from Irving to Arlington where the new stadium is being built?

Hopefully the state takes note of this and we get that stadium built sooner then later.....:no:

Call me crazy, but I don't want a new stadium, unless of course it means keeping our team. The Saints belong in the dome just as much as the niner's belong in San Fran. To me the big ugly structure in the heart of the city is a symbol of the Saints. You can't tell me that every single time you pass by it the Saints don't cross your mind. I also like the fact that we never have to worry about weather while attending, be it hot as balls or cold (not often though) or pouring down. I might be alone, but I love the fact that we call the dome home & I don't want that to change just to get a glitzy, high-tech stadium. That can be done in the dome anyway.

Both Candlestick Park and the Oakland "Black Hole" are BASEBALL stadiums...good riddence to Candlestick, now get the Raiders and Dolphins into proper stadiums and we will never have to watch the NFL played on infield-dirt again!

NFL's waiting for Al Davis to kick so they can move the Raiders back to LA

Call me crazy, but I don't want a new stadium, unless of course it means keeping our team. The Saints belong in the dome just as much as the niner's belong in San Fran. To me the big ugly structure in the heart of the city is a symbol of the Saints. You can't tell me that every single time you pass by it the Saints don't cross your mind. I also like the fact that we never have to worry about weather while attending, be it hot as balls or cold (not often though) or pouring down. I might be alone, but I love the fact that we call the dome home & I don't want that to change just to get a glitzy, high-tech stadium. That can be done in the dome anyway.

Okay like we have to worry about weather anyway, this aint Seattle.....As for the Dome there have been plenty of stadiums with MORE tradition and history that have torn down and mad anew in other locations or in a closer spots, the Dome is no different, it has to go sooner or later...Football is made to be played outside anyway(Domes were the trendy thing to build back in the 60s and 70's).....If you've never been to one of the "glitzy" stadiums then you should, you'll have a new outlook on the Dome(and I don't mean positive).....Besides the proposed stadium would have a retractable roof(whoops there goes half your argument) so they could close it when and if there was rain or bad weather......

How can you argue against this.....http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/SaintsStadium.htm
[/URL]

Good for us but it stinks for the 49'er fans. I feel for them.

Well, I've just read through this entire thread, and, since I'm from that area originally, I think that I need to explain some things about the BayArea.

First off, the 49ers have had their HEADQUARTERS in Santa Clara for over 20 years. They used to have their HQ in Redwood City, and then moved to Santa Clara at the height of their glory years under Eddie D.

Let's see, Intel's HQ is in Santa Clara, Hewlett Packard is based in Santa Clara. Apple Computer is a few blocks away in Cupertino, Google is a few miles up the road in Mountain View, Cisco Systems is down the road a piece in San Jose. I mean, someone actually compared Santa Clara with Waco earlier in the thread. Waco? Uh, let me sort of wake some of y'all up. Santa Clara/San Jose is an extremely large wealthy lucrative market. It's actually the base of 49er support. More fans come to the 49ers games from the South Bay than come from San Francisco. All this talk of the 49ers posturing is ludicrous on it's face. Why? Because it makes so much sense for the 49ers to move. They should've moved long ago. Santa Clara/San Jose is a much more attractive area than SF. SF is one big stinking pain to deal with, especially regarding land use issues. There is an unimaginable amount of wealth condensed into relatively small area, and Santa Clara is right in the middle of all that wealth. It is so much bigger than SF, it's not even funny.

Last edited:
First off, the 49ers have had their HEADQUARTERS in Santa Clara for over 20 years. They used to have their HQ in Redwood City, and then moved to Santa Clara at the height of their glory years under Eddie D.

Let's see, Intel's HQ is in Santa Clara, Hewlett Packard is based in Santa Clara. Apple Computer is a few blocks away in Cupertino, Google is a few miles up the road in Mountain View, Cisco Systems is down the road a piece in San Jose. If you I mean, someone actually compared Santa Clara with Waco earlier in the thread. Waco? Uh, let me sort of wake some of y'all up. Santa Clara/San Jose is an extremely large wealthy lucrative market. It's actually the base of 49er support. More fans come to the 49ers games from the South Bay than come from San Francisco. All this talk of the 49ers posturing is ludicrous on it's face. Why? Because it makes so much sense for the 49ers to move. They should've moved long ago. Santa Clara/San Jose is a much more attractive area than SF. SF is one big sticking pain to deal with, especially regarding land use issues. If I can figure out how to use the new advanced posting, let me see if I can upload a map of the area. There is an unimaginable amount of wealth condensed into relatively small area, and Santa Clara is right in the middle of all that wealth. It is so much bigger than SF, it's not even funny.

+1. The comment of the Saints moving to Metairie is the most apt. And the majority of season ticket holders at Candlestick/3com live in Santa Clara! So this would actually make it easier for them to get to the game. Still, this is sticking it to the politicians in SanFran for not being willing to foot the bill for a stadium.
However, the sports writers/announcers out here in Cali are saying they doubt it will happen because they don't know where the money will come from. I'm in Sacramento where a resolution to fund a new stadium for the Kings just failed at about 80%! People in Cali don't want to foot the bill for these stadiums. In fact, one of the guys on the radio sadi the only way it will happen is if the politicos in SAnta Clara can figure out how to do it without letting the public vote on it. They also said this is the reason the politicos in SanFran don't want to do it either: such a move would be political suicide according to these guys. Interesting. The Whiner announcement today made it sound like a done deal (and they swore not to leave the Bay area), but they actually just started negotiating with the town of Santa Clara today! We'll see what happens...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom