F.C.C. about to raise TV guidelines? More Sex and Profanity! (1 Viewer)

If the female news anchors and meteorologists will be nude, I'll begin to watch the filth they try to shove down the throats of America.

I got Viewers Choice too, How could you not forget that theme,

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/HQa7Am2oDac?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/HQa7Am2oDac?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

As the father of two young children, I say no to this for several reasons. I know that's not the popular answer here, but whatever.

The Paul side of me thinks this will make the hot or not threads reach epic proportions. :17:

I'd worry more about protecting my kid from the brain-numbing effects of American Idol and the rest of the pablum they serve up on prime time U.S. network TV than I do about a little nudity.

And after sitting through 11 seasons of Saints games with his parents, he already knows every bad word there is. :shrug:

I'd worry more about protecting my kid from the brain-numbing effects of American Idol and the rest of the pablum they serve up on prime time U.S. network TV than I do about a little nudity.

And after sitting through 11 seasons of Saints games with his parents, he already knows every bad word there is. :shrug:
I'd hate to piss off your kid then! :smilielol: J/k

I'm always amazed that sex and profanity which are very common in most people's lives are considered corrupting, deviant and unfit for TV - and yet truly hideously scenes of real and fictional violence are shown nightly in movies and on the news and never seem to raise an eyebrow.

This is exactly how I feel. We have no problem showing violence on TV all day everyday. Yet a boob on CBS will send this country into shock. Makes no sense to me at all. Also with two small kids at home 4 and 1, it all comes down to parenting. I don't watch violent movies or play violent video games in front of my kids, their young minds just aren't ready for that. As far as if my kids would accidentally see a boob on TV does not concern me. Some people just don't want to have to answer the tough questions that come along with sexuality, it's much easier to explain death and destruction.

True story. There are a bunch of little mindless racists on there.
Yeah the decline in the atmosphere on xbox live has been rather quick and severe. Ive been on XBL since it launched and back in the days of the original xbox and the first year of the 360 you could hop online into any room and have a good time with a bunch of other reasonably friendly people who just wanted to have a good time. Now its mostly racists/bigots/trolls and cheaters unless you play with people on your friends list. (or apparently unless zeetes is on your friends list :p)

I have kids but if I don't want them watching something, then I make them change the channel..
My kids stick to the Disney, Nick, Sprout channels.. most tvs (or boxes) are able to block certain channels..
In my daughter's room, I have only channels I want her to watch show up on the guide..
People let their kids watch stuff on tv, then blame the tv for showing it.. How about don't let them watch it..

Yeah the decline in the atmosphere on xbox live has been rather quick and severe. Ive been on XBL since it launched and back in the days of the original xbox and the first year of the 360 you could hop online into any room and have a good time with a bunch of other reasonably friendly people who just wanted to have a good time. Now its mostly racists/bigots/trolls and cheaters unless you play with people on your friends list. (or apparently unless zeetes is on your friends list :p)

Again, Zeetes is none of those things. He is just short, loud, annoying, and short.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom