F. King Alexander is going to be relieve of his duties (1 Viewer)

saintstigers3

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
It's a done deal. He is gone, and a couple of big fish in compliance will be going with him. Word going around that watch for Jay Dardenne to become the next LSU president if LSU can't get their pipe dream Mark Emmert to come back.

and what's the cause?
Why is Jay Dardenne a better choice?

I know there have been rumors flying around for a while, but King Alexander kept getting the dreaded vote of confidence from everyone. Butting heads with the Board of Regents is not a smart thing to do and he is now going to pay the price.

Any idea when it will be made public?

and what's the cause?
Why is Jay Dardenne a better choice?
Well, Alexander is behind the bungling of the Les Miles situation, the bungling of the Jimbo Fisher hiring/not hiring and the Will Wade situation. He also has done nothing to advance the school's research programs and is tone deaf to what alumni are looking for from LSU. He was a poor fit from the start and had no record of success that would qualify him for the job. He was a "yes man" for Jindal and quickly adapted to what Edwards needs in the position.

I can't speak to Dardenne being a better choice. My hope would be that they find an experienced, proven administrator from another research university for the position. I'm afraid that hiring Dardenne would simply be more of the same, a shill for the governor and whatever that office wants to do. Emmert's dram job was Washington and that's why he left LSU. He's moved on from Washington to run the NCAA. I don't know why people think he would return to BR where he has no real ties. It's not that damn charming of a place to live.

Well, Alexander is behind the bungling of the Les Miles situation, the bungling of the Jimbo Fisher hiring/not hiring and the Will Wade situation. He also has done nothing to advance the school's research programs and is tone deaf to what alumni are looking for from LSU. He was a poor fit from the start and had no record of success that would qualify him for the job. He was a "yes man" for Jindal and quickly adapted to what Edwards needs in the position.

I can't speak to Dardenne being a better choice. My hope would be that they find an experienced, proven administrator from another research university for the position. I'm afraid that hiring Dardenne would simply be more of the same, a shill for the governor and whatever that office wants to do. Emmert's dram job was Washington and that's why he left LSU. He's moved on from Washington to run the NCAA. I don't know why people think he would return to BR where he has no real ties. It's not that damn charming of a place to live.
I hope they Aren’t trying to make Dardenne the permanent replacement

Last edited:
I hope they Aren’t trying to make Dardenne the permanent replacement
Thats what I'm hearing. Although its not quite clear if it would be temporary or permanent. That said, I don't really know anything about the guy. I can't form an opinion. Surely hed be better than King, right?
Welp....
Anything?

Word is that its happening. The timeframe is somewhat fluid. But most think it'll be either before the start of the fall semester or before the election. The leaks coming out are quite vague.

There's actually a lot more to it. Theres also scandals with the Vet school, U-High, and OLOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom