FA and Draft with Spotrac numbers (1 Viewer)

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I updated the players that intrigued me. I’ve included a draft of where I feel a player will go. Most of the FAs are already on the roster, I think Denard Robinson can offer what Spiller was supposed to. The others I consider mid-level with a lot of potential. I don’t believe any will break the bank. I’m also interested to see if Jacksonville does a major housecleaning.

I would be intrigued to let Bortles sit for a year and learn the offense. I also think that we signed a bunch of OL last year because this is a weak class. The numbers are from NFL 2017 Team Cap Space Tracker | Spotrac

We Currently have 55 players under contract, I have 19 FA that I think should be re-signed totalling $21,748,355 in 2016 wages roughly leaving $14.5/M for raises or going for other FAs.
Total Cap Cap Space Assumes $168/M cap $141,070,018 36,207,755

New Orleans signed 55

Free Agency: 2016 Salary

Morris Claiborne CB $3,000,000

Stephen Paea DE $1,900,000

Denard Robinson RB $593,403

Kasim Edebali OLB $512,000
B W Webb CB $675,000
Paul Kruger OLB $3,000,000
Nick Fairley DT $3,000,000
Tim Lelito G $1,671,000
John Kuhn FB $985,000
Darryl Tapp DE Kept on Speed dial
Justin Drescher LS $846,250
Tim Hightower RB Kept on speed dial
Kyle Wilson CB $840,000
Shiloh Keo LB $760,000
John Phillips TE $760,000
Michael Mauti LB $555,682
Sterling Moore CB $760,000
Brandon Coleman WR $510,000
Will Lutz K $450,000
Willie Snead WR $480,000
Jake Lampmann WR $450,000
otal 21,748,335
Round 1:
Deshone Kizer-QB- Notre Dame- I seriously doubt he is there, but you take a franchise qb if you think one is available. I really don’t want him, but wanted be upset either.
Jabrill Peppers-S-Michigan- I’ve seen him as high as 5 and as low as 23, I predict no lower than 12
Malik McDowell*, DT, Michigan State
Caleb Brantley*, DT, Florida
Derek Barnett*, DE, Tennessee

Round 2:
Curtis Samuel*, RB/WR, Ohio State- He can also return punts and kicks
Chris Wormley, DE/DT, Michigan
Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
Christian McCaffrey*, RB, Stanford
Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

Round3
T.J. Watt*, OLB/ILB, Wisconsin
Brad Kaaya*, QB, Miami
Samaje Perine*, RB, Oklahoma

Round 4
Alvin Kamara*, RB, Tennessee- every thing I read has him in 2-3 round
Mason Cole ot/C- Michigan- may return to Michigan

Round 5- I know we don’t have a pick. A trade up isn;’t unheard of nor is these guys falling to the 6th or later.
Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas
Casey Tucker*, OT, Stanford
Lowell Lotulelei*, DT, Utah

Round 6
Tyrone Swoopes, TE, Texas
James Conner*, RB, Pittsburgh- I could see the Giants spending higher on him
Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

Round 7
Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA

UDFA
K.C. McDermott*, G/OT, Miami
Larry Allen Jr.*, G, Harvard
Brian Allen*, C/G, Michigan State
Hardy Nickerson, OLB/ILB, Illinois
Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
Jamal Williams, RB, BYU

Positions he feels we need to target or players he's fond of

That's what I thought. But not seeing Kizer with an asterisk confused me.

You know what's interesting about the Lotulelie kid? Ask any Utah fan and they will tell you that he was as good as his brother. Could we get him at that pick? I know that Watt if said to be a 2nd rounder.

Are you kidding me? Do you follow football really?
Mo Claiborne is injury prone. Only playing in 30 something games out of 90 something in his career.
Stepen Peah is a run stuffing 3\4 lineman. Who is a rotational player at best.
And Denard Robinson wont be bright enough to even pick up playbook. Is not a an accomplished route runner out of backfield. Flats are not considered route tree for backs. And can't you see he not following the same replace old player with new player with same tricks.
We will make splash player impact player type signings!
And we wont draft peppers! He's a scheme guy!
Kizer has the last name of a bust!
Payton wont draft a qb unless its the guy from UNC and if all his guys are gone!
Come on man!
Like the rest of draft picks tho!

Almost stopped at Claiborne. Did stop at Krueger , but came back and read the rest because i do appreciate the work you put into it. Don't agree with some of it but thanks for contributing

I feel like I'm the only one but I really don't think we need another CB this year, considering our other positions of need. PJ Williams got rave reviews in preseason and looked good when he played, he's our no. 2 with Breaux our No. 1. Let Moore, Webb, Wilson, Crawley and Harris fight it out for the other spots and that's a pretty set position group. We need to desperately fill our DE, LB and G positions and we are poised for a run. If we can do that in free agency then draft BPA we are in a great position

I feel like I'm the only one but I really don't think we need another CB this year, considering our other positions of need. PJ Williams got rave reviews in preseason and looked good when he played, he's our no. 2 with Breaux our No. 1. Let Moore, Webb, Wilson, Crawley and Harris fight it out for the other spots and that's a pretty set position group. We need to desperately fill our DE, LB and G positions and we are poised for a run. If we can do that in free agency then draft BPA we are in a great position

I disagree with cornerback. I think it's our #1 need. We have sucked at dab for so long. We seem to get one good one and a bunch of 2nd tier db's.
but I see you listed a safety who might be around with our 1 pick. We've got plenty of safeties on our roster that are good to medium.

You know what's interesting about the Lotulelie kid? Ask any Utah fan and they will tell you that he was as good as his brother. Could we get him at that pick? I know that Watt if said to be a 2nd rounder.

He had surgery two days ago. I think that he's going back to college next season.

I updated the players that intrigued me. I’ve included a draft of where I feel a player will go. Most of the FAs are already on the roster, I think Denard Robinson can offer what Spiller was supposed to. The others I consider mid-level with a lot of potential. I don’t believe any will break the bank. I’m also interested to see if Jacksonville does a major housecleaning.

I would be intrigued to let Bortles sit for a year and learn the offense. I also think that we signed a bunch of OL last year because this is a weak class. The numbers are from NFL 2017 Team Cap Space Tracker | Spotrac

We Currently have 55 players under contract, I have 19 FA that I think should be re-signed totalling $21,748,355 in 2016 wages roughly leaving $14.5/M for raises or going for other FAs.
Total Cap Cap Space Assumes $168/M cap $141,070,018 36,207,755

New Orleans signed 55

Free Agency: 2016 Salary

Morris Claiborne CB $3,000,000

Stephen Paea DE $1,900,000

Denard Robinson RB $593,403

Kasim Edebali OLB $512,000
B W Webb CB $675,000
Paul Kruger OLB $3,000,000
Nick Fairley DT $3,000,000
Tim Lelito G $1,671,000
John Kuhn FB $985,000
Darryl Tapp DE Kept on Speed dial
Justin Drescher LS $846,250
Tim Hightower RB Kept on speed dial
Kyle Wilson CB $840,000
Shiloh Keo LB $760,000
John Phillips TE $760,000
Michael Mauti LB $555,682
Sterling Moore CB $760,000
Brandon Coleman WR $510,000
Will Lutz K $450,000
Willie Snead WR $480,000
Jake Lampmann WR $450,000
otal 21,748,335
Round 1:
Deshone Kizer-QB- Notre Dame- I seriously doubt he is there, but you take a franchise qb if you think one is available. I really don’t want him, but wanted be upset either.
Jabrill Peppers-S-Michigan- I’ve seen him as high as 5 and as low as 23, I predict no lower than 12
Malik McDowell*, DT, Michigan State
Caleb Brantley*, DT, Florida
Derek Barnett*, DE, Tennessee

Round 2:
Curtis Samuel*, RB/WR, Ohio State- He can also return punts and kicks
Chris Wormley, DE/DT, Michigan
Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
Christian McCaffrey*, RB, Stanford
Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

Round3
T.J. Watt*, OLB/ILB, Wisconsin
Brad Kaaya*, QB, Miami
Samaje Perine*, RB, Oklahoma

Round 4
Alvin Kamara*, RB, Tennessee- every thing I read has him in 2-3 round
Mason Cole ot/C- Michigan- may return to Michigan

Round 5- I know we don’t have a pick. A trade up isn;’t unheard of nor is these guys falling to the 6th or later.
Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas
Casey Tucker*, OT, Stanford
Lowell Lotulelei*, DT, Utah

Round 6
Tyrone Swoopes, TE, Texas
James Conner*, RB, Pittsburgh- I could see the Giants spending higher on him
Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

Round 7
Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA

UDFA
K.C. McDermott*, G/OT, Miami
Larry Allen Jr.*, G, Harvard
Brian Allen*, C/G, Michigan State
Hardy Nickerson, OLB/ILB, Illinois
Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
Jamal Williams, RB, BYU

You have put a lot of thought into this. Good post.

I'd be all over that. Davison has been ok...but he's all we've got at NT...and a rotation could help our run defense.

I don't disagree with most of it. Think Morris Claiborne is garbage tho. And Bortles has more pick sixes than wins. Pass on both of them. Add Solomon Thomas to the 1st round prospects and Adoree Jackson to the 2nd and I'm all for it

We were insane for going into last season without a skilled veteran presence at CB. We'd be equally stupid this year if we once again ride with a bunch of unproven players, half of which can't seem to ever stay healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom