FA speculation intensifies in 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. (1 Viewer)

Enough to sign two, maybe even three.

Personally, I would like to see Kwon come back and sign Sherman. Also wouldn't mind having Geno Atkins or Jurrell Casey provide depth and veteran presence up the middle.

I know many (including myself) want a real answer at corner. The smart thing may be to maximize this market though. Find the best values you can at CB, LB, DT, WR and TE. You won't hit them all, but get the best values you can. The longer you lock someone up with this market the better. Good value contracts will be a nice boon next year too.

Maybe the worse thing that can happen to us right now is one big splash FA that goes wrong. We've seen our best FA results signing multiple value contracts and this seems to be a good year to find them.

Last edited:
Was it even worth cutting Jenkins... Probably not.

But cutting Jenkins seems to be getting in front of father time, but all the remaining FA options already got checked by father time.

So, I don't think it was worth it in the long run unless we trade for an option.

Was it even worth cutting Jenkins... Probably not.

But cutting Jenkins seems to be getting in front of father time, but all the remaining FA options already got checked by father time.

So, I don't think it was worth it in the long run unless we trade for an option.

Cutting Jenkins was bad. But we needed the cap space at the time. Had we been able to get the Ram deal done earlier and kept Jenkins we'd be in much better shape right now. Not concerned about "getting ahead of father time" because it was just a one year deal.

Personally, I would like to see Kwon come back and sign Sherman. Also wouldn't mind having Geno Atkins or Jurrell Casey provide depth and veteran presence up the middle.

Would love Atkins, he still has a good 2 years in him I think. I loved Kwon but the dude just can't stay healthy and the achillis injury is one of the worst....he may not even be healthy this year....

Would love Atkins, he still has a good 2 years in him I think. I loved Kwon but the dude just can't stay healthy and the achillis injury is one of the worst....he may not even be healthy this year....
Yeah, darn shame about Kwon b/c our defense brightened up the few weeks he played with us last year, but injuries were the knock against him when we acquired him and he got hurt again, so I think he might be another Dannell Ellerbe.

From what I've seen, he's working hard and seems to be on track but the injuries are worrisome.
Yeah, darn shame about Kwon b/c our defense brightened up the few weeks he played with us last year, but injuries were the knock against him when we acquired him and he got hurt again, so I think he might be another Dannell Ellerbe.
Hit the nail on the head with that one

If he's up to a reasonable contract, I'd prefer Steven Nelson over Sherman.

I know many (including myself) want a real answer at corner. The smart thing may be to maximize this market though. Find the best values you can at CB, LB, DT, WR and TE. You won't hit them all, but get the best values you can. The longer you lock someone up with this market the better. Good value contracts will be a nice boon next year too.

Maybe the worse thing that can happen to us right now is one big splash FA that goes wrong. We've seen our best FA results signing multiple value contracts and this is seems to be a good year to find them.
Totally agree. This is definitely a buyers market and there's still a good bit of talent left out there with more on the way when teams starting cutting. Hopefully they bring in a few starting caliber players at positions of need. And please start at Corner!

I don’t think there is much talent out there and if there is I don’t think it’s worth the price. I think a reasonable trade is the best course of action.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom