FA to target (1 Viewer)

SaintBrad

Very Banned
Reaction score
If the past is any conciliation, Loomis tends to fill holes through FA and target BPA of need through the draft. Here are a few names defensively that could do this for us.

1. Louis Delmas - Very talented and smart player. Has versatility to play both Safety positions. His signing could spell the end of Harper as he can play SS, or allow us to move Jenkins to SS and pkay him at FS. His injury should allow us to get him cheap and having IAQ as a backup allows us to take that chance with his injury history. - low risk / high reward.

2. Victor Butler - familiar with Rob Ryans scheme, and whenever given a chance, has shined. Stuck behind Spencer and Ware on the depth chart, Butler has amassed 11 sacks while never exceeding 300 snaps in a season. He would bring competition to Galette and Wilson. Butler should also come cheap. Low risk / high reward

3a. Sean Smith - a prototype built man to man cover corner who is experienced in bump and run coverage. He's young, and would compete with Greer for the primary cornerback position. He would allow us to put the inconsistent P-Rob back at nickle, and Sean Smith is familair with the island scheme that Rob Ryan loves to run in the secondary. He won't come cheap. But in combo with Delmas, would be a massive upgrade to our secondary. High risk / high reward

3b. Cary Williams - If Smith proves to expensive, Williams would add solid competition to our cornerbacks. While not great, he is a consistent man to man corner who would come cheap in a deep corner market. Low risk / high reward

4. Glenn Dorsey - Played average in a 2 gap 3-4 scheme under Crennel the last few years. Would add competition to Hicks and Jordan and may even be more successful in the 1 gap. Should come cheap, and theres no questioning his great character. Worst case scenario, hes a good backup to a thin dline who would be a locker room bonus. Low risk / high reward.

I really really want Sean Smith.

Edit: no ****

If the past is any conciliation, Loomis tends to fill holes through FA and target BPA of need through the draft. Here are a few names defensively that could do this for us.

1. Louis Delmas - Very talented and smart player. Has versatility to play both Safety positions. His signing could spell the end of Harper as he can play SS, or allow us to move Jenkins to SS and pkay him at FS. His injury should allow us to get him cheap and having IAQ as a backup allows us to take that chance with his injury history. - low risk / high reward.

2. Victor Butler - familiar with Rob Ryans scheme, and whenever given a chance, has shined. Stuck behind Spencer and Ware on the depth chart, Butler has amassed 11 sacks while never exceeding 300 snaps in a season. He would bring competition to Galette and Wilson. Butler should also come cheap. Low risk / high reward

3a. Sean Smith - a prototype built man to man cover corner who is experienced in bump and run coverage. He's young, and would compete with Greer for the primary cornerback position. He would allow us to put the inconsistent P-Rob back at nickle, and Sean Smith is familair with the island scheme that Rob Ryan loves to run in the secondary. He won't come cheap. But in combo with Delmas, would be a massive upgrade to our secondary. High risk / high reward

3b. Cary Williams - If Smith proves to expensive, Williams would add solid competition to our cornerbacks. While not great, he is a consistent man to man corner who would come cheap in a deep corner market. Low risk / high reward

4. Glenn Dorsey - Played average in a 2 gap 3-4 scheme under Crennel the last few years. Would add competition to Hicks and Jordan and may even be more successful in the 1 gap. Should come cheap, and theres no questioning his great character. Worst case scenario, hes a good backup to a thin dline who would be a locker room bonus. Low risk / high reward.

Those are great option but not attainable. Maybe Butler at the right price but we can't afford any of those other guys... We will not make any splash whatsoever in free agency. We will have to look for some veterans looking for work to sign a 1 or 2 year deal.

Sean Smith is chasing a pay day and he's going to get it. I was really hoping we'd draft him over Jenkins.

I like Delmas and Butler. I'd also consider Chung, he's in the same situation as Delmas in terms of injury history.

Jamaal Westerman - Rush outside linebacker for Indy. He is a product of Rex Ryan in NYJ. So he could easily adapt and grow in RR's system possibly. Not alot of snaps to go by though.

A guy to keep our eye on is Kenyon Coleman. He's a guy that's been with Rob Ryan for several years now and would provide some good depth up front.

I'd love Mike Jenkins from Dallas. Real good man corner. If he is healthy now of course, but his injury issues last year will lower the price tag.

I'd guess Brandon Myers, TE from Oakland will be too pricy, but I'd love having a guy like him as the second TE.

I'm almost expecting Butler since I see him projected to come here a lot.

I don't think the lions are going to let delmas walk, no matter what it takes.

I like the dorsey and butler ideas, they should come cheap enough and could be good backups

I'd love Mike Jenkins from Dallas. Real good man corner. If he is healthy now of course, but his injury issues last year will lower the price tag.

I'd guess Brandon Myers, TE from Oakland will be too pricy, but I'd love having a guy like him as the second TE.

I'm almost expecting Butler since I see him projected to come here a lot.

That wont happen. Rob Ryan phased him out for a reason when in Dallas. I can only guess why. Perhaps he gambled to much leaving him a liability in coverage.

I don't think the lions are going to let delmas walk, no matter what it takes.

I like the dorsey and butler ideas, they should come cheap enough and could be good backups

Outside of offering him a ludicrous contract, theres nothing they can do about it. He'll be interviewing with other teams this time next week.

(WR)MIKE WALLACE, (TE)JARED COOK or Tony Gonzales, and (CB)Darelle Revis....Make it happen Loomis!!!:worthy:

I hype this guy in every FA thread. Keenan Lewis CB from the Steelers. This guy is every bit as good as the name brands, and will probably come cheaper. I believe this guy is on the cusp. I also like William Moore and Pat Chung at S. After FA, the draft pix will become a lot clearer.

I might get flamed for this but I'm kinda hoping we're the team that gives Sergio Kindle another shot...barring a successful physical/medical exam. He was a stud at TX n he'd prolly come in with a nice sized chip on his shoulder

I think Jax CB Derek Cox is a realistic target for the Saints. He's a solid CB, but has struggled with nagging injuries. He has the skills to be a very nice pice for our defense if he's healthy.

I also really like free-agent-to-be TE/FB/ H-Back James Casey from the Texans. This guy could fill the David Thomas role, AND A WHOLE LOT MORE.

ILB Larry Grant from the 49ers makes too much sense for us. Hope we land him as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom