FAA Considers allowing Electronic Devices to be used in flight (or takeoff/landing) [DECIDES TO ALLOW IT] (1 Viewer)

Delta has already submitted its plan to the FAA and hopes to have it approved to allow for passengers to start using their PEDs by as soon as tomorrow, Nov. 1.

I guess it will depend on each carrier's testing.

"' Delta said “All Delta aircraft have completed carrier-defined PED tolerance testing to ensure the safe operation of passenger portable electronic devices during all phases of flight.'”

Its already been tested. Half the people dont turn them off now. they just tuck them away.

I had a flight attendant wait for me to turn my phone off and put it away (after it was already turned off). He told me (as I was pulling it out of my pocket to show him it was off) " I have an iPhone too, and I know how they work." Wth? Way to be man, you wanna wait for me to make you some cookies or do we want to get this bird in the air?

Delta has already submitted its plan to the FAA and hopes to have it approved to allow for passengers to start using their PEDs by as soon as tomorrow, Nov. 1.

I guess it will depend on each carrier's testing.

"' Delta said “All Delta aircraft have completed carrier-defined PED tolerance testing to ensure the safe operation of passenger portable electronic devices during all phases of flight.'”

I guess the Seahawks can take commercial flights again.

Here's the deal. "Airplane mode" is fine, no sending/receiving signals. If you are a frequent flyer, do you really want flight attendants have to check every individual device to make sure they comply? Fact is, an active phone can interfere with the aircraft during taxi and takeoff. Just turn it off-you're not that important.

Here's the deal. "Airplane mode" is fine, no sending/receiving signals. If you are a frequent flyer, do you really want flight attendants have to check every individual device to make sure they comply? Fact is, an active phone can interfere with the aircraft during taxi and takeoff. Just turn it off-you're not that important.

Is that a fact ? The tests I've read about says the frequencies aren't even close unless one intentionally has a device in that frequency and if they do, they probably aren't turning it off.

We've flown private a few times and I've asked the pilots if they wanted us to turn our phones off and they said it didn't make any difference.

Is that a fact ? The tests I've read about says the frequencies aren't even close unless one intentionally has a device in that frequency and if they do, they probably aren't turning it off.
I make it a point to talk to people in the business... guess they're lying to me. Safe travels.

FAA Considers allowing Electronic Devices to be used in flight (or takeoff/la...

I make it a point to talk to people in the business... guess they're lying to me. Safe travels.

Think about how many signals are transversing a major airport runway from all directions. Just the terminals alone which are very close to runways at many airports. Why don't they affect the plane? Does it make a difference if the phone is on that exact plane ? If so , then why?

As anticipated Delta received approval from the FAA and enacted their new PED policy Nov. 1.
This is for their domestic flights only.

All tablet devices and smaller may be used at all times. Laptops must be stowed for takeoff and landings (egress consideration)

Cell phones must be put into airplane mode once the aircraft door is closed.

Flight crews will only enforce obvious offenders, ie laptops not stowed, talking on cell phones after door closed, using VOIP, eg.

I can tell you most FAs are thrilled to hear this news.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom