Fabian Washington on the blocks... (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld:

The Browns and Raiders have exchanged e-mails regarding CB Fabian Washington.

No deal is imminent. After the Raiders acquired DeAngelo Hall, rumors circulated that Washington was headed to the Browns. Oakland claims that another team has a second-round pick on the table. Cleveland couldn't match that offer because it has no picks before the fourth round in 2008.
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Of course we're not that team :)shrug:)... just passing on info about a good CB on the trading blocks...

Wouldn't be surprised if the Shockey deal is off the table but Unless we got back Oakland's 3rd I would not support that deal.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Shockey deal is off the table but Unless we got back Oakland's 3rd I would not support that deal.

To be honest... I'd rather use that 2nd rounder on a guy like Fred Davis or john Carlson... Yeah I know Shockey is a great TE... but we need youth... if we're trying to build through the draft then we need to stick with that.

I wouldn't give up anything of substance for Washington. He was overdrafted by Oakland and now they went out and found some people to replace him. Why would we take their disappointment and give up a high pick for him?

Anyone who gives up a #2 for him is nuts.

To be honest... I'd rather use that 2nd rounder on a guy like Fred Davis or john Carlson... Yeah I know Shockey is a great TE... but we need youth... if we're trying to build through the draft then we need to stick with that.

I rather have Shockey than them we don't know if they will be good NFL players but we know Shockey is a pro bowler and will improve our offense to elite first day he put on the pads

Dustin Keller:9:

I think the Raiders are making this up. Who is going to give up a 2nd round pick on this guy. The Raiders picked up D.Hall for less.

He's VERY fast... I think he ran an obscene 40 time... like 4.27 or something crazy like that... I wonder if he's polished his technique to go along with that speed. :scratch:

He's VERY fast... I think he ran an obscene 40 time... like 4.27 or something crazy like that... I wonder if he's polished his technique to go along with that speed. :scratch:

Considering the Raiders were looking to get rid of him even before getting Hall, I would think the answer to that would be no. That elite straight line speed has never translated to elite play on the football field. He's probably average, at best. Maybe he could be coached up, but I wouldn't give up a first day pick for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom