Face it, it's likely offense at pick 10! (1 Viewer)

Offense only, who do you pick?

• Total voters
We could have a dominant and young O line.

LT- Jammal Brown
LG- Jamar Nesbit
C- Jonathan Goodwin
RG- Jahri Evans
RT- Branden Albert

Other than Nesbit, we would pretty much have studs at every O Line position.

WAAZUP,
Would we insist that Branden Albert change his name to Jranden Albert?

I have a sneaky feeling that Payton feels he has adequately addressed the defensive needs through FA, and will draft offense. I believe he really is 75/25 offense/defense kind of coach.

We'll know more after Apr 15th. If Deuce is cut, that will make it possible that Mendenhall is on the shopping list.

There are only 3 picks I would be satisfied with at 10:

DT
OL (an OL with some push to improve the running game)
DRC (such a rare talent, with the height to defend the giant WR's in today's NFL)

I would be satisfied with the following picks on a trade down:

Mendenhall (I consider a good RB that can move the chains as a DEFENSIVE player.)

McKelvin
Best WR
Best safety
Rivers, Lofton
Best RB besides Mendenhall

... In 2006, Reggie Bush was the top player on every single board of anybody anywhere, except the Houston Texans' war room. ...

I agree with your premise and overall point. However, Houston wasn't the only team with Mario Williams at the top of their draft board. Bill Parcells said as much after he left the Cowboys, that Williams was their top rated player in that draft.

Good lord there are some cry babies around here.

Let me address a few things that were said:

1. Sean Payton has more than "a little" pull in that war room.
2. Last time I checked Sean Payton is an OFFENSIVE minded coach.
3. You have no idea for sure if Meachem was the BPA on their board, oh wait they said it, so it must be true.
4. The dude who compared Sean Payton and picking offense to a team who used the #1 overall pick on a QB and picking another one is a.......(use your imagination)

OK, let's calm down all the pouty babies. I HEREBY RETRACT THE STATEMENT THAT THE SAINTS ARE VERY LIKELY TO PICK OFFENSE BASED ON THE RECENT PAST AND THEIR HEAD COACH. I offically change the thread to just who is your favorite offensive player that might be available at #10.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom