Face it, it's likely offense at pick 10! (1 Viewer)

Offense only, who do you pick?

• Total voters

Breezy9

Reaction score
Sorry, I wanted this to be a poll!

Every year we do this (this being dream about these defensive prospects) and every year we get shocked and awed!

Let's assume for a second that the Saints don't change their ways and they go offense at #10, who would you want to see in black in gold?

Let's assume McFadden, Otah/Clady, Long, and Ryan are off the board offensively............

For Mr. Smarty Pants in the last thread please substitute every year with the recent past.

Last edited:
Assuming we have to pick an offensive player at 10:

Rashard Mendenhall

Ryan Clady

Branden Albert

No one on this board will vote anything but Otah/Clady/OT/OG.... at least i hope....

the board would melt if we selected anything else with 10 (if we went O, which we won't)

Last edited:
I like Albert (a.k.a. Fat Albert) because he looks like he can play guard or a mean RT.

the board would melt if we selected anything else with 10 (if we went O, which we won't)

Hey I was kidding with you by the way in the OP.....but seriously, did anyone expect Duece when we had Ricky, or Meachem last season. Also, a lot of people thought we'd trade in 06 for sure because we had no need for Reggie.....you'd be surprised. Shockers happen every year you know?

Charles Grant ring a bell? Will Smith? Unfortunately, Jonathan Sullivan? What makes you assume we will take offense?

Let's assume that Reggie Bush, Jammal Brown and Robert Meachem were the BPAs on their board at the time of their pick.

Reggie wasn't expected to be available at 2 and they were planning on taking A.J. Hawk there.

Jammal Brown is one of the best OTs in the game.

Robert Meachem was considered by many to be the BPA and, with Joe Horn gone, a #2 WR needed to be brought in.

The WRs are NOT valuable enough for the 10th pick. I would take either of the O-lineman (the OT left or Alberts)

I chose Alberts because he is the highest value pick here and because he is able to play a lot of positions on the O-line. The consensus is that he can play OT and even LOT as well as REALLY well at OG. That's a VERY valuable player to have. Hence, he is my pick. :)

Charles Grant ring a bell? Will Smith? Unfortunately, Jonathan Sullivan? What makes you assume we will take offense?

Let's assume that Reggie Bush, Jammal Brown and Robert Meachem were the BPAs on their board at the time of their pick.

Reggie wasn't expected to be available at 2 and they were planning on taking A.J. Hawk there.

Jammal Brown is one of the best OTs in the game.

Robert Meachem was considered by many to be the BPA and, with Joe Horn gone, a #2 WR needed to be brought in.

Jim Haslett doesn't coach here anymore, does that ring a bell?

Sean Payton 2 picks = 2 offensive players

Jim Haslett doesn't coach here anymore, does that ring a bell?

Sean Payton 2 picks = 2 offensive players

Those 2 offensive players were by far BPA when we picked, and BPA has always been Loomis' way of doing things. We will pick D if its BPA. Its likely it is this year. Theres no bias towards offense.

I am not a Clady fan and think Otah will be limited to RT only. I think Williams projects better at LT than any of the other top tackles, including Long. That said, I would not be unhappy with any of the top OT prospects at #10. I prefer defense with the pick, but I can see an OT and could rationalize the pick.

Robert Meachem was BPA by far, and I don't know if you've noticed, but WR was a need.
I agree with the others. SP and Loomis have taken the BPA and gotten lucky to receive these guys.

If it's offense you have to pick line. I see Clady as a LT, Otah as a RT and Albert may be able to play both and Guard. I say take Albert and solidify a monster O-line of Brown, Albert, Goodwin, Evans and Strief.

We could have a dominant and young O line.

LT- Jammal Brown
LG- Jamar Nesbit
C- Jonathan Goodwin
RG- Jahri Evans
RT- Branden Albert

Other than Nesbit, we would pretty much have studs at every O Line position.

We could have a dominant and young O line.

LT- Jammal Brown
LG- Jamar Nesbit
C- Jonathan Goodwin
RG- Jahri Evans
RT- Branden Albert

Other than Nesbit, we would pretty much have studs at every O Line position.

I wouldn't label Goodwin a stud yet. We don't even know if hes better then Faine yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom