Face it, it's likely offense at pick 10! (1 Viewer)

Offense only, who do you pick?

• Total voters
Brian Billick is not a bad coach.

But Brian Billick (or his front office) had a penchant for filling his offense with scrubs and then drafting great defensive players.

This team cannot continue to pick up broken down defensive cast-offs in the offseason and then declare the D is fixed and go after offensive players with their high picks. It's pure suicide.

Jim Haslett doesn't coach here anymore, does that ring a bell?

Sean Payton 2 picks = 2 offensive players

That's the long track record your basing your theory on? Bush and Meachem were BPA on the board. Too early to conclude that Payton forgoes his defense for a love of offense.

I have said many times that Albert is the only offensive player I will take, but I keep him at left guard next to Brown.

+1 Brown and Albert could be devestating and with a bigger center a monster RG in Evans and Strief that would be a formidable o-line to run behind. Karney too, incredible.

Jim Haslett doesn't coach here anymore, does that ring a bell?

Sean Payton 2 picks = 2 offensive players

That reasoning makes about as much sense as saying that since Lane Kiffin has been the coach of the Raiders for 1 year and has picked 1 QB, it must be a lock that they'll take Matt Ryan. First off, it's the GM, NOT the coach who makes the picks. Payton may have some pull in the war room, but, ultimately, it's Loomis' call. In 2006, Reggie Bush was the top player on every single board of anybody anywhere, except the Houston Texans' war room. Taking him was a no-brainer. It was well-known that they were set to take A.J. Hawk, had Houston taken Bush. Meachem was the BPA and a need pick. I'd go on in further detail, but you've only given me 2 years to work with.

You cannot make the assumption that this team has no eye for its own weaknesses, especially since we traded for Jonathan Vilma, signed Dan Morgan, almost signed Asante Samuel and have held private workouts for Keith Rivers and Vernon Gholston, not to mention that Loomis has praised Kentwan Balmer and, according to one poster who spoke with him at length, has praised Ellis and Dorsey

Assuming all the best defensive talent is gone, like the top two CBs and DTs and even LBs were off the board.

And the players listed were the only available,

Given those choices, Sweed would be the pick hands down.

He would be the one most likely to improve in the W/L record.

Would Clady or Otah really be better than what we have at the position now? Or in the wings even? I dont know.

A Sweed/Colston combo would be pretty sweet.

Albert is a road grader in the running game. He would improve one of our weaknesses. Best fit out of the O prospects listed.

None of the above mentioned are worth the #10 pick. I hope we go best defender available.

I actually think we DON'T go O in the 1st....only because our 2nd round pick is basically a lock to be TE.

Carlson, Davis, or Keller....there's a chance all three are there but one surely will be and don't rule out the Giants caving on the 2nd for Shockey trade.

Either way, our 2nd round pick will be TE.

i took chris williams , just because he can be a true RT and we keep Brown at LT . And i dislike the name Otah behind the Clady choice ( otah is a late first rounder at best )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom