Face it, we're just gonna have to outscore people.... (1 Viewer)

truck man

not so ******
Reaction score
many on this board have been saying we should have run the ball more to take time off the clock. but what does that matter when everyone of the Bengals TD's came on 5 or less play drives. teams have found our weaknesses at CB and will try to expose them. this is the only week i feel confident we won't get beat through the air, unless Vick plays like he did against the Bengals and Steelers, and even their secondaries are better than ours. so i say whatever it takes to win you do and with the WR (Owens & Glenn, Smith & Johnson, Burress & Shockey, Bryant & Battle, Moss & Randle El) we have to face in the up coming weeks we need to put our track shoes on and outscore people. so i look for Brees to continue his assult on Marino's record and hope people quit whinning about Deuce not getting his touches. you have to do what it takes to win, and throwing the ball is working for us.

Last edited:
Well, yes, we are going to have to outscore them. I have to give you that one.

Maybe we could start scoring before the 4th quarter... didn't the announcers always say that the saints were outscoring teams in the 2nd quarter? What happened in the 2nd quarter last game? 3 turnovers in Cincy territory with your man Brees throwing 2 pics in the end zone.

Our defense held Cincy to 10 points going into the 4th quarter and we couldn't outscore them up to that point. Our offense stunk it up last game and gave Cincy the ball and even a TD in the fourth. Maybe if our offense had scored our defense would have played harder in the 4th, ever thought of that?

We lost this game cause of our offense, not our defense my friends.

you always have to score more than the other team to win

haha real funny...can't you be original???? read the post and maybe you'll comprehend what is trying to be said.....our defense couldn't stop a stop sign.

yes the offense couldn't convert when it needed to. but you can't overlook the D giving up 8 plays of over 25 yards and 4 over 40....

The defense has given up some big plays, but they have also made some stops. The defense has provided many 3 & outs. I'm not saying we have a shut down defense, but what is killing the Saints and costing us wins is the turnovers on offense.

The defense has goven up some big plays, but they have also made some stops. The defense has provided many 3 & outs. I'm not saying we have a shut down defense, but what is killing the Saints and costing us wins is the turnovers on offense.

i think turnovers are killing us too, but compounded with a bad D is a recipe for disaster. yeah we have gotten some stops, but that was earlier in the year against teams like Green Bay, Browns, Falcons and Tampa, not exactly very good Offenses. in the last 3 games we've lost, give me one meaningful stop in any of those games.....

Our offense stunk it up last game and gave Cincy the ball and even a TD in the fourth. Maybe if our offense had scored our defense would have played harder in the 4th, ever thought of that?

its the truth

Fine no problem but we may need to run the ball with our Pro Bowler and #2 overall pick and stop throwing it so much.

i think turnovers are killing us too, but compounded with a bad D is a recipe for disaster. yeah we have gotten some stops, but that was earlier in the year against teams like Green Bay, Browns, Falcons and Tampa, not exactly very good Offenses. in the last 3 games we've lost, give me one meaningful stop in any of those games.....

It's hard to point out a "meaningful" stop in any loss. The point is that the defense has kept us in games for the most part despite all of the recent miscues on offense.

Do ya'll realize that the Bengals only scored 3 points off of our turnovers on Sunday. the defense is just not that good and has been exposed. when teams need to get a first they get it. when they need a big play they get it. guess FT getting burnt 3 times falls squarely on Brees because he threw INT's huh?

Perhaps the defense said... "we need to make a play" in the 4th quarter, the offense isn't doing crap. So FT and safeties bit on some play action and pump fakes because they were trying to get a big turnover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom