Face it, we're just gonna have to outscore people.... (1 Viewer)

I think what is most disheartening about the defense is not that they give up big plays, but that the other team is running wide open on almost all of those plays. I would feel better if our guys were even close to making a play. As it is though I can't even pretend that we're a few adjustments away from solving the problems.

I'm taking a slightly different approach to the Saints needing to score alot of points to win.....I remember back to the run & shoot teams like Buffalo & Houston in the late 80s. They scored a lot of points quickly and usually give up a good bit too in the process. I'm pretendng that the Saints are playing the same type of offense....at least untill this off season when the Saints can get some help for their defensive problems.

I worry less now about if the saints will give up points in '06.....that's a given.

Am I the only one that remember the Bengals being held to only 10 points with 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter?

Marvin Lewis was sitting on the lead because he wanted to make sure of the win. once the score was tied again, he unleashed his offense and they proceded to score at will. and on the drive to go up 24-10 he seen a wounded animal (FT) and attacked it. they could have scored way more had they not had 5 drops like we did, 3 on 3rd downs.

The defense has given up some big plays, but they have also made some stops. The defense has provided many 3 & outs. I'm not saying we have a shut down defense, but what is killing the Saints and costing us wins is the turnovers on offense.

I would have to agree with you on this one.

Here's a stat working IN OUR FAVOR!!

Do you know that we have a 100% winning ratio, when we OUTSCORE OUR OPPONENTS??

(heard yesterday on Sirius from a Saints fan)........LMAO!

Here's a stat working IN OUR FAVOR!!

Do you know that we have a 100% winning ratio, when we OUTSCORE OUR OPPONENTS??

(heard yesterday on Sirius from a Saints fan)........LMAO!

Thats the most telling Stat in football.......LMAO

Do ya'll realize that the Bengals only scored 3 points off of our turnovers on Sunday. the defense is just not that good and has been exposed. when teams need to get a first they get it. when they need a big play they get it. guess FT getting burnt 3 times falls squarely on Brees because he threw INT's huh?

Did you even watch the game? I remember a player wearing orange and black with the number 43 intercepting Drew Brees in the 4th quarter and returnin it for a touchdown, which if i recall correctly is six points, seven once you kick the extra point. Drew Brres interceptions in the endzone and Fred Thomas getting burnt plus the defensive scheme not giving any over the top help to Chad Johnson, a receiver who lives off of beating teams deep, are the reasons we lost this game. PERIOD.

Did you even watch the game? I remember a player wearing orange and black with the number 43 intercepting Drew Brees in the 4th quarter and returnin it for a touchdown, which if i recall correctly is six points, seven once you kick the extra point. Drew Brres interceptions in the endzone and Fred Thomas getting burnt plus the defensive scheme not giving any over the top help to Chad Johnson, a receiver who lives off of beating teams deep, are the reasons we lost this game. PERIOD.

of course i watched the game...and if you had read further you might have seen my post stating i was wrong. what i was trying to say was that their offense only scored 3 points off our turnovers. the Bengals exposed FT. and i can't see why nobody else had done it before after what Steve Smith and Keyshawn did to him (15 catches 146 yards, 1 TD) we'll see more of this to come you can't have a safety over the top on verey play or you'll be hampering your own scheme. oh yeah we've already figured out why we've lost. PERIOD!!!!!!

we lost because of turnovers. PERIOD!!!!!! Turnovers kept us from scoring, gave the OPP team more TOP, more opportunities to score and tired out our defense

Turnovers are killing us, but what's just as bad is the lack of production of turnovers by the defense. Let's get some defensive interceptions and fumble recoveries Sunday.

I kind of agree with truckman even though we trun the ball over alot in redzone if we had a top 5 deffense i belive they would have stop the beangles soft offense and gave the saints a chance to win the game

Maybe we can get the Saints coaches and players to always take the 'Over', then that might give them a little more incentive.

:hihi:

The defense has given up some big plays, but they have also made some stops. The defense has provided many 3 & outs. I'm not saying we have a shut down defense, but what is killing the Saints and costing us wins is the turnovers on offense.

I agree...But we do have get to
the QB and sack him more!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom