Facebook Commercials (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Is anybody really buying any of this bull manure? Every time I see one of these commercials it makes me want to vomit. What better way to make people disrust you than to make ads trying to show people how much they can trust you?

Count me among those who are ready to cut ties with it completely. It was truly a wonderful tool for keeping in touch with old friends and family who aren't close by, but it's really become a cesspool of political partisanship, bad memes and personal drama. Not to mention the fact that Facebook is going the way of other big tech like Google and Amazon by digging too deep into your personal lives.

Is anybody really buying any of this bull manure?
I believe it about as much as I believe these new protocols Instagram implemented today has absolutely nothing to do with their CEO appearing before Congress tomorrow.

I ditched FB a few months back. Deleted the acct and won't go back. I couldn't defeat the algorithms forcing politics on me and started reading about the whistleblower et all.

Now this passed my way and just reinforced my reason for leaving.

Those commercials are obviously a result of the whistleblower.

Deleted my account over 10 years ago, never missed it, never went back.

This is so meta
I rememer when my oldest daughter was in middle school. My wife and I had a discussion about whether or not we should let her have a Facebook account. Then, we found out that she had let some friends talk her into creating one behind our back and got busted. Now here it is 8 years later and she's anti-social media for the most part and she was talking with skepticism just last week about the whole Meta thing.

I didn't need the media to tell me this, but after seeing the news about kids getting addicted to social media I'm glad that we were more hesitant with our kids in that regard. My oldest has even said that it often made her feel left out when she was younger, but as she has matured I feel like she's much happier for it and can more clearly see the trappings that comes with it. She's even relayed that same feeling to my youngest, which was kind of a "hey I actually did something right" moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom