Facebook data provides the most accurate NFL fandom map ever created (merged) (1 Viewer)

From the fans common friend chart

ATL fans have Saints fans as friends, but Saints fans don't have ATL fans as friends. They always wanna hang out with Big Brother.

Oddly similar, NO fans are #2 for Houston fans, but HOU is not a top 5 for NO fans. You'd think with proximity, they would have at least cracked the top 5.

I am surprised, or maybe I'm not, that NO is in NE top 5. Just proves that the Who Dat nation is everywhere.

The NO top 5 reads like my FB friends list. Living in S. Florida which as the chart points out is full of expats, most of my friends that aren't Saints fans are indeed fans of NE, Pitt, Dal, Chi and GB. Although I do have a heavy Giants friend base too.

Damn, I guess my x-girlfriend was right...I am not even a blip on the radar.

Roanoke, VA has a few Saints fans, but mostly Redskins, Cowboys, and Steeler fans with a splattering of Browns fans.

That's about accurate with all the silver lining in Texas and the states bordering it, as well as a bit in Alabama. Dallas has the biggest bandwagon in the league. I used to know a cat from Maine that told me the Pats were everyone's team up there, not shock to see that entire state is silver. The only depressing thing about this map is looking at Ohio being dominated by the Pittsburgh bandwagon.

ATL fans have Saints fans as friends, but Saints fans don't have ATL fans as friends. They always wanna hang out with Big Brother.

beat it punk :spit:
Oddly similar, NO fans are #2 for Houston fans, but HOU is not a top 5 for NO fans. You'd think with proximity, they would have at least cracked the top 5.

I am surprised, or maybe I'm not, that NO is in NE top 5. Just proves that the Who Dat nation is everywhere.

I guess Houston fans hate Dallas too so they go our way but Saints fans don't want any part of Texas at all.

Well, to be fair, each county was selected by the majority. The Giants/Jets thing isn't fair. There are more Giants fans, but if it's 55/45, then the Jets won't show up at all.

South Florida is another example. The Dolphins might be the majority, but they aren't a strong majority. Lot's of Giants, Steelers, etc fans down here too.

I know that the US Virgin Islands is SOLIDLY WhoDat..... Seriously jerseys, hats, tshirts, every beach bar has a saints game. Those guys want to go to New Orleans for vacation lol

This is interesting....do we still have the smallest market? Do y'all think fox sports New Orleans might expand their viewing area to these markets and export the Pelicans and if another Gulf Coast city gets a team....does Fox broadcast their games? I would support a Biloxi or Pensacola non-football professional team. I love watching NHL on 38, but its the Stars... I hope they acquire the rights to the Zephyrs and essentially buy out CST's broadcasts.

But I digress....it's nice to see the Saints dominate the Gulf Coast.

The Jets have just one county—Nassau County, on the western end of Long Island.

can someone please get this information to CBS so they can stop forcing the Jets down our throats on the west coast nearly every frick'n week.

I would welcome a sports homogenization from Pensacola to Houston. Houston needs a hockey team so we can ditch all Dallas sports. I enjoy the Texans, and Spurs coverage.... Maybe Astros games should be on Fox 38 instead of the Rangers.

New Mexico

Idaho knows they aren't part of Texas right?

NM surprises me to. You'd think Denver being closer then Dallas would make a difference.

I live in New Mexico and.....uggg. It is probably 55% Cowboys, 15% Denver. 15% Oakland, and the rest is up in the air. The Saints do have a solid following here though. I always see someone wearing the Saints gear.

I can't believe the Cards have a terrible showing here. It is inexplicable that this is Cowboy land. Probably just due to that fact that is all they show here: Cowboys.

The only depressing thing about this map is looking at Ohio being dominated by the Pittsburgh bandwagon.
I'm a bit surprised by that too, given that Ohio has two teams. I'm surprised that the Toledo area breaks for the Steelers over both the Browns and the Lions. Maybe not surprising considering that the Steelers have more SB wins and more overall success than the Bengals, Browns and Lions put together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom